Software Engineer Air Traffic Featured
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Job ID
Software Engineer Air Traffic job at Leidos in Gaithersburg MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
Software Engineer Air Traffic
Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development of software that improves aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS). The Terminal Flight Data Management (TFDM) program is a Federal Aviation Administrations (FAA) NextGen program based on airport surface management provides that efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
TFDM functions include:
Surface Collaborative Decision making (SCDM) departure scheduler and other airport decision tools - Electronic Flight Data (EFD)
Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS)
Replacement or integration of multiple systems in the National Airspace System (NAS).
TFDM will share data among: controllers aircraft operators and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency.
Stakeholders will have a shared awareness of flights on the ground and in the air the ability to exchange data electronically with the goal of a continuous real-time picture of traffic volume and airport resources making flights more efficient from gate to gate.
- Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by:
- Improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips.
- Streamlining the schedule sequence of departures to improve efficiency on the surface.
- Optimizing the experience for the flying public Air Traffic Control and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities between the gate and the tower.
- Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control display software within the object oriented environment (primarily C++/Java) on a UNIX/Linux platform.
- Performing software development as needed for the TFDM system
- Providing support needed for system engineering
- Articulating user needs and requirements from high level user stories
- Developing the design for the user interface framework including client and server side components; analyzing and designing databases within an application
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in object oriented design and development with Java and C++ programming
- Experience developing software using Ansible
- Experience in following a documented Software Development Process
- Experience using version control tools such as Git Subversion or CVS
- Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems
Development experience in other computer languages (Python Perl etc.)
Familiarization with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA
FAA air traffic domain knowledge
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology engineering and science solutions and services leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense intelligence homeland security civil and health markets. The companys 38000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston Va. Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3 2020. For more information visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. Thats why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation Health and Wellness programs Income Protection Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex race ethnicity age national origin citizenship religion physical or mental disability medical condition genetic information pregnancy family structure marital status ancestry domestic partner status sexual orientation gender identity or expression veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws. - provided by Dice
Leidos Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.