Senior Software Developer Air Traffic Hot
- St Paul, Minnesota
- Job ID
Senior Software Developer Air Traffic job at Leidos Holdings in St Paul MN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will be an integral member of the team working the Microprocessor En-Route Automated Radar Tracking System (Micro-EARTS) program. The Federal Aviation Administrations (FAAs) Micro-EARTS program is providing capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS) specifically in the combined en-route and terminal airspace.
- Define requirements for the: design software development and sustaining engineering support through a products lifecycle
- Derive requirements to meet customer needs
- Interface with other functional areas to ensure complete understanding of the requirements for complete and accurate implementation
- Develop and maintain the FAA air traffic control software (primarily C/Java) on a UNIX/Linux platform
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing FAA requirements
- Write tests for modified and new code to ensure compatibility and stability
- Provide support to systems engineering and test engineering
- Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Software engineering experience on large software development programs
- Systems and software engineering experience including
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and collaborate across team boundaries and with customers
- Ability to assess system changes and determine system impact
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Proficient in the C and Java programming languages
- Experience in the use of UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Experience with GIT and the Atlassian tool set
- Strong integration skills
- Strong communication skills
- FAA Air Traffic domain knowledge
- Experience with Leidos Civil System Engineering processes
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology engineering and science solutions and services leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense intelligence homeland security civil and health markets. The companys 33000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston Virginia Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28 2018. For more information visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. Thats why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation Health and Wellness programs Income Protection Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information please report the email to spa[email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex race ethnicity age national origin citizenship religion physical or mental disability medical condition genetic information pregnancy family structure marital status ancestry domestic partner status sexual orientation gender identity or expression veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Leidos Holdings Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.