Aircraft In Tank Sealer Urgent
- Mississauga, Ontario
- Hourly $20.00 - $28.00
- Job ID
Aircraft In Tank Sealer job at MHI Canada Aerospace Inc in Mississauga ON
Description, duties, responsibilities
Scope of Position
Reporting to Production Supervisor Sealer is responsible for aircraft fuel tank sealing process while conforming to production demand/schedules and adhering to all applicable Company Health and Safety policies, procedures and safe work practices.
Sealers clean and seal fuel tank/airplane components and other parts of the aircraft. This position may require working in confined spaces of the wing fuel cells. Employees may be required to crawl through a small opening in order to get inside the fuel cell.
- Set up In-Tank tools at the begging of the shift (i.e. lights, gun, spatulas etc.)
- Communicate with co-workers about coordinating/planning of work duties at the beginning of shift.
- Report work progress at the end of the shift.
- Clean tank: vacuum and remove all FOD, use correct solvent, wipe heads of fasteners, tank rim and all surfaces where seal is applied.
- Apply seal to specifications; fillet seal, dome seal, injection seal.
- Indicate seal has been applied (wet seal) using tape and other tools.
- Keep work area clean and tidy; dispose of hazardous waste and store tools.
- Troubleshoot and problem- solve to come up with creative solutions when faced with obstacles to keep up with production demand.
- Use mirror technique of sealer application when working in an area that is not clearly visible.
- Use MSDS sheets to execute safety precautions when working with hazardous chemicals.
- Use correct solvent for application in specific work areas.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
High School Diploma.
An Aircraft Maintenance Diploma is an asset.
- One to four years of experience.
- Past experience in caulking (tiles and windows) is an asset.
Key Measurements of the Position
- Maintain professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish duties required effectively and efficiently.
- Keep the Production Supervisor well informed of daily operations.
- Ability to deal with added day to day issues and concerns.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use various sealing application methods.
- Ability to deploy quick problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to overcome obstacles to production demands.
Quality/ Environmental Management System Responsibility
- May initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to the product, process and quality/ environmental system.
- May identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality/ environmental system.
- May initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- May verify the implementation of solutions.
- May control further processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfied condition has been corrected
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
MHI Canada Aerospace Inc Company Overview
About Us MHI Canada Aerospace, Inc. (MHICA), a group company of MItsubishi Heavy Industries, is a Tier 1 manufacturer of major aircraft structures and assemblies, based in Mississauga, Ontario. Over the past decade, MHICA has built more than aircraft components, it has built a recognized worldwide reputation for capacity, precision, on-time delivery and excellence. MHICA's facilities include a 270,000 sq ft state-of-the-art manufacture and assembly facility and a 70,000 sq ft supply chain and logistics centre, where more than 800 highly-skilled employees are working on Bombardier's sector-leading Global 5000/6000 and Challenger 350 business aircraft. MHICA's technicians build and join wing assemblies and fuselage centre sections, as well as perform systems and flight control assembly installations and testing. Building complex aircraft structures at the highest levels requires a full and well-managed inventory. MHICA's logistics centre ensures the stable and on-time delivery of materials, sub-assemblies and tooling needed for continuous and fluid assembly. Our Supply Chain and Logistics Centre sources materials and manages more than 100 supply chain partners from across North America. MHCIA conducts quality control and inspections of incoming components and materials, assembles work kits and warehouses the inventory that keeps our assembly facility running smoothly. MHICA is a world leader in large scale automated drilling/fastening/sealing of wing and fuselage major assemblies. MHICA also has developed and incorporated flex cell technology that allows our major assembly jigs to be re-configured for a wide variety of current and future aircraft platforms. Flex cell technology includes Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) for major assemblies. MHICA’s smart shop floor technology provides real-time situational awareness of detail parts, sub-assemblies and major assemblies. MHI Canada Aerospace, Inc looks to the future and the development of new partnerships with leading aerospace manufacturers. For more information about MHICA's skilled workforce, logistics centre, and world-class assembly facilities, please contact us at 905-612-8131 Company details Website http://mhi-global.com Headquarters Mississsauga, Ontario Year founded 2006 Company type Privately Held Company size 501-1,000 employees