Senior Mechanical aerospace Engineer Featured
- Warner Robins, Georgia
- Job ID
Senior Mechanical aerospace Engineer job at Mercer University in Warner Robins GA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Apply now Job Vacancy: 21-RW-02
Work type: MERC
Location: Warner Robins GA (MERC)
Categories: MERC (Mercer Engineering Research Center)
Warner Robins GA
- Leading a team of engineers to accomplish necessary technical tasks in support of aircraft structural integrity programs.
- Analysis of strain and accelerometer data from laboratory and/or flight tests to support validation of repairs or finite element models.
- Development of finite element models to support repair design.
- Analyze flight data to support usage analysis regime recognition etc.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- A Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited School or College of Engineering and 9 years of related experience; or a Masters degree in same and 8 years of related experience; or a Ph.D. in same with 3 years of related experience.
- 3 years of technical lead responsibility.
- Experience performing finite element analysis of airframe vehicles using industry-standard software (Nastran experience is a plus).
- Experience performing damage tolerance analysis.
- Experience with aircraft loads analysis (Helicopter loads experience is a plus).
- Experience with rotary-wing aircraft in the areas of structures flights mechanics or usage analysis (UH-60 or UH-1 experience is a plus).
- Experience designing and/or installing flight test instrumentation and post-processing flight test data to substantiate repair designs and validate finite element models.
- Experience programming MATLAB or Python.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on new tasks seeking guidance when necessary.
- Ability to manage time effectively in support of multiple projects or tasks.
Does this position require travel for University business in a rental car or University owned vehicle?
Commensurate with experience
Advertised: 27 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
- MERC (Mercer Engineering Research Center) 1
The University will ensure equal opportunity for applicants and employees in all of its policies and practices including but not limited to recruiting hiring transfers promotions compensation benefits layoff and recall policies University-sponsored training programs education tuition assistance and social and recreational programs. Persons needing reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the application process or for other questions regarding employment at Mercer University please contact Human Resources.
Mercer University Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.