- Shreveport, Louisiana
- Job ID
Instructor job at Metro Aviation in Shreveport LA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Metro Aviation is seeking a Helicopter Ground Instructor in Shreveport Louisiana at the Metro Aviation Headquarters Helicopter Flight Training Center.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations completions and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
- Conduct thorough and in-depth aircraft ground school for assigned aircraft.
- Ensure pilots have a complete understanding of aircraft systems.
- Maintain technical and academic proficiency in assigned subject matter.
- Develop and maintain applicable courseware representative of subject matter.
- Ensure training material is representative of current Aircraft Flight Manual Revisions.
- Explore innovative media platforms in presenting training material.
- Administer written examinations to ground school participants at intervals specified in the approved training program.
- Report training deficiencies of ground school participants.
- Report discrepancies between ground training material and relative flight training syllabi.
- Support the Assistant Chief Pilots in the continuous development and improvement of the Metro Aviation pilot training program.
- Conduct off-site and/or teleconference aircraft ground school as required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High level of proficiency with applicable training software/computers relevant to the development and maintenance of courseware
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create an environment that demonstrates teamwork and professionalism with diverse personalities and professional backgrounds
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Office suites
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Preferred Ratings
- Advanced Ground Instructor Instrument Ground Instructor Certified Flight Instructor with Instrument
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience as a helicopter instructor/ground instructor
- Experience in the development/procurement of training material
WORK STATUS and SCHEDULE
- Full Time
- 5/2 variable schedule
- Occasional off-site travel to conduct training
Metro Aviation is committed to employees customers and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies programs and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees including recruitment employment promotion transfer training working conditions wages and salary administration employee benefits and application of policies.
Metro Aviation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.