- Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
- Job ID
Tech job at Metro Aviation in Blue Bell PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Metro Aviation is seeking an A&P Helicopter Base Technician (EC145) in Blue Bell Pennsylvania for the PennSTAR program.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations completions and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs preventive scheduled and unscheduled maintenance inspections repairs and modifications to airframes and engines in accordance with manufacturers maintenance procedures airworthiness directives service bulletins the Metro Aviation General Operations Manual and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Actively incorporates safety in all maintenance activities in accordance with the Metro Aviation Safety Management System.
- Plans and manages scheduled maintenance activity effectively.
- Manages base inventory parts ordering stock levels core returns shipping and receiving of parts and materials.
- Responsible to be available promptly on call during nights weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Performs engine and engine component troubleshooting replacement and rigging.
- Performs main and tail rotor track and balance.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot aircraft avionics and electrical systems.
- Works independently without immediate supervision.
- Maintains a safe and airworthy aircraft at all times.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Current FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic Certificate; Inspection Authorization a plus
- At least three (3) years experience working with turbine-powered rotor or fixed-wing aircraft
- At least three (3) years experience in specific model aircraft and Part 135 operations preferred
- Honesty integrity and a commitment to maintaining safe compliant aircraft
- Strong initiative and a team player
- Sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making
- Effective maintenance planning and scheduling skills
- Strong electrical and avionics troubleshooting ability
- Technology savy and ability to learn and adapt to various software platforms
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Dependent upon location - indoor/outdoor aircraft hangar or shop with potentially extreme cold and hot temperatures
- Bending squatting kneeling sitting and standing for extended periods of time
- Frequent usage of hands wrists shoulders and back is necessary
- Ability to conduct activities requiring a moderate to a rigorous amount of static pushing pulling reaching and lifting
- Working on ladders and/or work stands of 12 feet or less in confined spaces
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision distance vision color vision peripheral vision depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Sufficient hearing ability to safely perform the essential functions
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include high visibility clothing ear and eye protection etc. when required
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
Metro Aviation is committed to employees customers and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies programs and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees including recruitment employment promotion transfer training working conditions wages and salary administration employee benefits and application of policies.
Metro Aviation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.