Quality Engineer Aerospace Oak Brook Featured
- Oak Brook, Illinois
- Job ID
Quality Engineer Aerospace job at Michael Page in Oak Brook IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity or expression national origin age disability veteran status marital status or based on an individuals status in any group or class protected by applicable federal state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities women the disabled protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Responsible for assisting Business Unit Manager in expediting disposition of all non-conforming product (internal and external) customer escapes MRB corrective action process and product quality issues.
Our client is a privately held manufacturer that serves the automotive industry. Working with some of the worlds most recognized brands they are fully invested in their employees. Their current headcount is just over 100 and they are continuing to grow. They have been incredibly stable throughout COVID-19 and have actually grown in sales and headcount. They seek a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in preparation/delivery of department reportscharts and graphs on defects and scrap. Perform analysis of charts and lead improvement / reduction efforts
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings diagrams and confer with management and engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Read blueprints and/or engineering specifications to obtain casting information such as specified material surface finish and dimension requirements; ability to compare surface finish of work piece to finish requirements
- Responsible for FAI submission process and resolution of non-conforming measurements detected during FAI process.
- Assists in PPAP process from planning implementation and execution of final inspection plans.
- Assist with the education and instruction of plant personnel in recommended quality control testing equipment maintenance and overall efficiency improvements to meet quality control standards.
- Assist Quality in projects such as data control documentation updates of procedures resolving quality issues utilizing continuous improvement techniques.
- May assist with Final Inspection responsibilities
- May be DSQR certified and perform required duties and sign-off
- Support the Plants comprehensive Quality Systems strategy that ensures manufacture of current products that meet quality cost safety and delivery goal of no customer complaints and the attainment of all customer required quality certifications.
- Assists in creation of WI and assuring customer requirement flow down through documentation
- Perform non-conformance (NC) processing on regular basis utilizing database systems to record and monitor disposition
- Support Corrective Preventative Action verification and effectiveness of action items
- Respond to customers in timely manner for complaints containment and RMA requests or any product quality related inquires with the goal of 24 hour turnaround
- Complete all corrective actions within 10 working days for external and 20 working days for internal corrective actions once they have been assigned
- Assists in interaction with customers regarding technical characteristics of casting design specifications and methods of manufacture.
- Model and enforce foundry safety practices and report possible safety hazards or problems to management.
- May perform internal audits when required
- Interact with customer sourcing personnel to ensure product meets their standards and ships
- Perform initial disposition of parts sent to MRB - determining which are for scrap and which are for rework - determine rework routing
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years related experience
- Familiarity with various machining operations such as turning milling hole making spline forming induction hardening grinding etc. both from a work holding and a tooling/processing standpoint
- Advanced mathematical and statistical concepts or procedures such as trigonometry and statistical process control
- Must demonstrate proficiency in analytical reasoning to effectively and systematically troubleshoot process issues
- Experience in a machining environment preferred
- Six Sigma Certification/ Experience is a plus
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience and skills
- Performance based bonus opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical Dental Vision)
- 15 days of PTO
- 401(k) with 5% company match
Michael Page Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.