Airport Network Engineer Featured
- Newark, New Jersey
- Annual Salary $80,000.00 - $90,000.00
- Job ID
Airport Network Engineer job at Munich Aiport US Holding LLC in Newark NJ
Description, duties, responsibilities
EWR Terminal One LLC is an US-based subsidiary of the German Airport Operator Munich Airport. EWR Terminal One LLC is responsible for the maintenance and concession management at the existing Terminal A at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), and will be responsible for the operations, maintenance, and concession management of the New Terminal A at EWR which is currently under development and is scheduled to open in spring of 2022. We are looking for an experienced;
Airport Network Engineer
to join our team as soon as possible. You will be part of a quickly growing team, helping not only to create an attractive passenger terminal, but also to develop the Terminal Operator company with your expertise and personality.
Your Future Responsibilities
- Design communication networks and implement, maintain, and support network infrastructure.
- Plan, design, implement and maintain laboratory IP networks consisting of multiple VLANs, subnets, domains (i.e. management plane, data plane), domain protection mechanisms (e.g. access control list enforcement), and constructed with enterprise grade network switches and routers.
- Directs and manages all aspects of data communications and technologies.
- Review, monitor and correct (when needed) the EWR New Terminal A network, data security, firewalls (coordination with Security), IP addresses, domain name servers, load balancers, network monitoring (coordination with Security), Wi-Fi, remote access, SSL, Internet access and more.
- Establish and implement IT Security measures and controls including monitoring network activity to identify vulnerable points.
- Research, evaluate and develop implementation plans to upgrade data systems.
- Oversee and/or assist in the installation of equipment, system troubleshooting and ensures highest level of system availability.
- Manage budgetary requirements for equipment and infrastructure replacement, determines backup components to be maintained in stock.
- Maintain the company Telephony system and work closely with the Telecom service provider to keep the lines active.
- Respond to network connectivity issues and resolve any wireless communication issues within the confines of the office.
- Update the network maintenance manual and submit a summary of changes to the manual each week to management.
Your Education & Training
- University degree in Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Certification: Cisco, Windows, Citrix, Linux, Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing preferred.
- Experience in managing sophisticated computer networks.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Office 365, DNS (Domain Name System), DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), Active Directory, Exchange, IIS (Internet Information Service).
- Experience in supporting Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Access Control Server (ACS) , Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) system is preferred.
- Very good knowledge and practical experience of the MS Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, MS, PowerPoint, MS Visio, and MS Project).
- Experience in managing and supporting network in airport experience is an added advantage.
Your Skills & Experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Extremely proficient PowerPoint Skills
- Extremely proficient Excel Skills
- Stellar organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Has a positive and energetic attitude with a hands-on mentality
- Ability to work without direct supervision, taking responsibility, and ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to work in a team-driven environment
Good reasons why you should become part of the airport family
- Be part of the team who embraces diversity, fosters collaboration, practices mentorship, and believes in a positive, healthy work climate.
- Help Munich Airport, Europe’s only 5-star Airport, to build on its reputation in the US.
- International working environment.
- Attractive benefit package; Health, Vision, Dental, 401(k) Matching, LTD/STD, PTO.
Munich Airport International US Holding and it's subdivisions EWR Terminal One LLC and Reach Airports are equal opportunity employers.
Munich Aiport US Holding LLC Company Overview
EWR Terminal One LLC is an US-based subsidiary of the German Airport Operator Munich Airport. EWR Terminal One LLC is responsible for the maintenance and concession management at the existing Terminal A at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), and will be responsible for the operations, maintenance, and concession management of the New Terminal A at EWR which is currently under development and is scheduled to open in spring of 2022.