AP Technician Featured
- Ivyland, Pennsylvania
- Hourly $21.00 - $35.00
- Job ID
AP Technician job at NASC in Ivyland PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
NASC is looking for an A&P Technician to join our exciting fast-paced Unmanned Aerial Systems Special Projects Division. The ideal candidate will be supporting our R&D projects while possessing the ability to work as part of a team or independently to develop innovative solutions.
- Works under general supervision providing technical support for the mechanical installation, troubleshooting, and inspection on unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Make routine inspections, documents inspections and repairs, performs scheduled maintenance and runs tests after making repairs or performing maintenance.
- Removes and replaces airframe mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, fuel systems, power plants, and/or avionics components requiring long periods of standing, walking, and bending.
- Daily tasks may vary in complexity. Examples would be completing airframe modification to assembling small essential component assemblies.
- Incorporates any approved configuration changes and other modifications into all aircraft as needed per company approved documentation.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing documents to assist in integrating all components into airframes.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Inspects airframe, power plant, and propeller components at regular intervals as per company approved procedures.
- Repairs fuel and oil leaks or engine problems as needed and removes and replaces airframe components as needed.
- Basic understanding of aircraft electrical systems to assist in troubleshooting and ensuring components are correctly installed.
- Assists engineering in the testing, maintenance and operation of aircraft or ground support equipment.
- Be able to treat areas that need to be repaired with chemicals in accordance with approved data sheets.
- Maintaining a clean, safe workspace.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience at a minimum.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- 18 months on airframes or power plants, or 30 months of combined experience, or graduate from an FAA-approved school.
- Adhere to all EH&S requirements, FAA & EASA regulations, company rules, policies, procedures and corporate initiatives.
- Understanding of FAA Regulations that govern maintenance schedules, inspections, and repairs made to airplanes.
- Understanding of and rehearsed in the practice of Tool Control.
- Ability to operate power tools and necessary equipment in order to complete the task at hand.
- Ability to work in a faced pace environment.
- Experience with UAS is a plus.
- Must be competent in the use of torque wrenches and precision tools.
- Reading and interpreting of mechanical and electrical engineerin
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
NASC Company Overview
Navmar Applied Sciences Corporation has provided engineering and technical services in support of the Department of Defense and industry since 1977. Offering our customers quality products and services and consistently exceeding customer expectations has allowed us to grow to a 200+ employee company with more than 10 locations with numerous detachments overseas. NASC began operations by providing Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance RDT&E services and support to the Department of Defense. Over the years, our core capabilities quickly expanded to encompass avionics, air vehicles, sensors, electro-optics, prototyping, systems integration, and aerospace manufacturing. Today, the specialized products and services of NASC are being used in multiple operational theaters around the world. NASC is proud to offer the equipment, training, and support vital to our military and civilian customers. NASC areas of expertise include Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) design, integration and flight services, UAS ground control stations, anti-submarine warfare, advanced acoustics and sensor development, persistent surveillance systems services, combat systems development and support, and information technology. As we look to the future, NASC will continue to expand by supporting our customers with the quality engineering and technical expertise that has fueled growth throughout our history.