Director of Operations Featured
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Director of Operations job at National Jets in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Founded in 1947 by the Boy family, National Jets, is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services across three distinct divisions: FBO services, aircraft maintenance, and aircraft management/charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircraft and is operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for enthusiastic individuals who have initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
National Jets is seeking a Director of Operations to lead the Executive Charter division at Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL). The charter division has received FAA certification for 10 or more passengers and has completed third party safety certificaton and is ARG/US Platinum, ISBAO and Wyvern Registered meeting the highest safety standards.The charter flight division oversees all aspects of flight crews, flight dispatch support staff, including working closely with the Aircraft Management division . The ideal candidate is an experienced flight operations leader, with an equal passion for both aviation and employee mentorship, with the initiative, drive and competence to make a significant contribution to the National Jets organization.
The Director of Operations leads a team of approximately 13 employees dedicated to flight operations and manages all aspects of the aforementioned charter services.
The position requires exceptional leadership, unmatched communication and organizational skills to create a professional organization delivering the highest level of customer service to business, commercial and general aviation customers.
- Is responsible for the flight operations department to ensure legal, safe and efficient operation.
- Individual will have the experience and ratings as specified in 14 CFR 119.71
- May perform duties as a flight crewmember when properly qualified in the aircraft.
- Serves as primary liaison in matters related to the FAA and develops relationships with the FAA Principal Inspectors, airport authority, local government and the local community.
- Establish a culture that promotes safety and quality control through daily observations, routine audits, monthly safety meetings, training and documented safety procedures.
- Responsible for development and enforcement of company policies and for ensuring compliance with all FAR’s, SOP’s, Company operations specifications, rules, and regulations governing those flight and maintenance activities.
- Oversee the company Safety Management System and serve as chairman of the safety committee and as a member of the Emergency Response team.
- Selects and supervises staff; prioritizes, assigns and evaluates the work of staff; provides training, and technical guidance.
- Oversee aircraft and flight crewmembers schedules and establishes personnel duty hours.
- Coordinates with the Director of Maintenance the scheduling of aircraft for maintenance and the return-to-service after maintenance.
- The DO retains overall management responsibility for assuring that all company personnel performing a safety sensitive function pursuant to 14 CFR 135 Appendix I and J are appropriately tested for Drug and Alcohol abuse.
- Assists with the addition to or deletion of aircraft from the Certificate and the record required by 14 CFR 135.63(a)(3)k.
- Establishes a culture that promotes service towards others by creating an environment of increased employee engagement .
- The Director of Operations will promote a positive team environment to better serve our guests and customers.
- Receive and use customer feedback to constantly develop and improve capabilities and processes.
- Develop business plans with capital requirements and anticipated performance.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Perform employment leadership functions such as conducting annual reviews, making hiring decisions, and managing performance of direct reports, which includes mentoring, and skill development.
- Ensure employees receive company communications and necessary training including safety, customer service standards, Company values, etc.
- Ensure training and development of employees to improve work performance and maximize employee potential.
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Well organized
- Advanced finance & analytical skills
- Aviation industry and operations
- Customer service and relations
- Safety training and risk management
- Must hold an airline transport pilot certificate and either:
- Have at least 3 years supervisory or managerial experience within the last 6 years in a position that exercised operational control over any operations conducted under part 121 or part 135; or
- In the case of a person becoming Director of Operations for the first time ever, have at least 3 years experience, within the past 6 years, as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under part 121 or part 135 of this chapter.
- In the case of a person with previous experience as a Director of Operations, have at least 3 years experience, as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under part 121 or part 135.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced operational environment
- Analytical thinking, goal-directed leadership and service-oriented performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop and motivate personnel
- Operational decision-making
- Strong Interpersonal and Communicational skills, balanced with a high level of confidence to influence and present at all levels
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English Language. Bi-lingual ability preferred, but NOT required (Spanish, Portuguese and French)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and web based applications
- Must be able to pass airport security background check.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
National Jets Company Overview
National Jets, founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- executive charter and aircraft management services, jet maintenance, and FBO services. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team. National operates its own fleet of “Next Generation” long range Learjet 45XR’s, and an ultra long range Gulfstream GV, serving executives and private individuals specializing in flights throughout North America, the Caribbean and Latin America from the company’s base at Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood Intl. The charter division has its large aircraft authorization from the FAA (10 passenger or more certification) and has their third party safety certification by ARG/US and Wyvern Wingman meeting the highest safety standards. In addition, National employs sales and flight dispatch support staff and aircraft airframe, power plant, avionics technicians, inspectors, parts procurement, and upper management maintenance staff to support the company’s flight operations and aircraft. National has its own FAA Part 145 licensed Maintenance and Repair facility which not only provides all maintenance support of the company’s charter aircraft, but also provides maintenance support for any clients flying their own jets into Ft. Lauderdale International. National Jets Air Center (NJAC) is the longest running private jet terminal / fixed base operation on Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood International. NJAC not only provides the hangared FAA licensed maintenance facility and fuel farm for the National Jets’ fleet aircraft, but also offers its award winning, personalized services to guests flying into and out of the airport utilizing corporate aircraft. NJAC, established in the 1960’s and expanded upon in the early 1990’s, year after is year is awarded the highest service ratings in the industry. Voted on by pilots, National Jets Air Center has achieved ratings in the top 10 of all FBO’s in the United States for the past 16 years and NJAC has been voted #1 in the country multiple times.