Aircraft Maintenance Technician AP
- Oxford, Mississippi
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Aircraft Maintenance Technician AP job at Nicholas Air in Oxford MS
Description, duties, responsibilities
NICHOLAS AIR is growing, and our first-rate team of Aircraft Technicians is growing too. At NICHOLAS AIR, our Maintenance Department is instrumental in ensuring we are successful in providing the most innovative, efficient, and customizable Private Air Travel. We are looking for Aircraft Technicians who want to make a difference every day and become an integral part of ensuring the success of NICHOLAS AIR’s innovative vision. Be part of a team supported by Executive Leadership who has been in the trenches and knows what it takes to provide support for you every day. Are we the best? Yes, and we don’t say that out of arrogance. We are the best because we listen, adapt, and perform. You are not just joining a team, but a family. Contact us today, and we look forward to showing you the NICHOLAS AIR difference.
2+ years of experience maintaining, inspecting, servicing, and repairing any of the aircraft listed below:
- Phenom 100 and 300
- Cessna Citation Latitude / Sovereign
- Challenger CL300
- Cessna Caravan
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform general to complex maintenance tasks on aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but is not limited to, items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work, and sheet metal repair or installation.
- Perform aircraft mechanic duties that require an advanced level of knowledge, training of junior level technicians, and troubleshooting repairs.
- Examine, disassemble, and inspect engines, parts or other components for wear, warping, breaks, leaks or other non-conformities or deficiencies.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components, and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Service and maintain aircraft systems by performing tasks, including, but not limited to flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures, functional components, and parts, such as wings and fuselage, rigging, and hydraulic units.
- Test engine and system operations, using testing equipment, and listen to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Install or remove engine from aircraft, using hoist or forklift truck.
- Disassemble, and/or modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Maintain and repair shop facility, equipment, and tooling when required.
- Work independently on projects when required.
- Avionics troubleshooting, software loading, Nav Database updates.
- Communication Proficiency
- Mechanical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibrations. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE & EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
To work as a member of the MRT MRO team, this role focuses on maintenance activities and work scope of customer aircraft. Identify and correct issues for malfunctioning aircraft mechanical components and systems. Perform a variety of diagnostic and mechanical duties on jet and turboprop aircraft and assist with scheduling and coordination for other crew members. Help coordinate and communicate aircraft issues, adding squawks as required, responding to customer inquiries, and is responsible for assuring customer satisfaction by coordinating with MRO team. Help oversee the maintenance of the MRT by ensuring the vehicle is always properly serviced and roadworthy.
This position requires up to 80% travel, including weekends and holidays, overnight travel is expected. Responsible for AOG events and approvals in the United States. Must have a clean driving record.
- This position is required to report daily to Louisville, MS or Oxford, MS Headquarters
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years transport-category jet aircraft-related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform all job tasks
- Must possess a valid FAA A&P License.
- Extensive knowledge of all aircraft mechanical systems functions and interactions.
- Thorough working knowledge of all current FAA regulations, IPM, and ATA codes.
- FAR 135 experience a plus
- Must have an Airframe and Power Plant License (an Inspection Authorization is a plus)
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing
- Must pass a background check
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
“We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Nicholas Air Company Overview
WORK FOR ONE OF THE WORLDS MOST EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE JET SERVICE PROVIDERS NICHOLAS AIR is a membership-based private jet company, providing services both domestically and internationally. Founded in 1997 by Nicholas Correnti, the company focuses on safety, quality, efficiency, and innovation. Serving the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean, NICHOLAS AIR provides four flexible programs including Jet Card, Jet Lease, Jet Share, and Aircraft Management Services. NICHOLAS AIR is not a charter or brokerage company which fundamentally differentiates us from other providers in the private air travel industry. Delivering exceptional service, reliability, flexibility, and convenience sets us apart to meet the demands and high expectations of our Members. NICHOLAS AIR provides an elite private air travel experience to a select group of individuals. Our Membership base consists of some of the most prominent individuals in the world, including professional athletes, top-tier executives, celebrities, musicians, and wealthy retirees. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law. OUR MISSION STATEMENT To provide a highly personalized and unique private air travel experience. Making a difference in the lives of our Members by maintaining the highest safety and quality standards.