Chief Flight Instructor Featured
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Annual Salary $50,000.00 - $100,000.00
- Job ID
Chief Flight Instructor job at Oracle Aviation in Omaha NE
Description, duties, responsibilities
Oracle Aviation seeks applicants for a 141 Chief Flight Instructor. The Chief Flight Instructor will assist with all compliance requirements of the FAR Part 141 standards and managing agreements with local facilities with the goal to increase student enrollment and completion in the professional pilot program at Oracle Aviation.
The Oracle Aviation Chief Flight Instructor responsibilities are as follows:
- Monitor compliance with local, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards, and audits.
- Manage Aviation - Professional Pilot Program ensuring that all Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) Part 141 standards are met.
- Certify each student's training record, graduation certificate, stage check and end-of-course test reports, and recommendation for course completion, unless the duties are delegated by the chief flight instructor to an assistant chief instructor or recommending instructor.
- Maintain over an 80% Pass Rate for all Part 141 Students.
- Ensure that each Instructor pass an initial proficiency check prior to that instructor being assigned instructing duties in the approved training course, and the instructor passes a recurrent proficiency check every 12 calendar months.
- Ensure that each student accomplishes the required stage checks and end-of-course tests in accordance with Oracle’s approved training course.
- Maintain training techniques, procedures, and standards for Oracle that are acceptable to the Administrator.
- Supervise full-time and part-time staff to include approving schedules and assignment of duties.
- Recruit, screen, interview, hire, and evaluate instructors.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of instructors through observation, review of class records, and formal as well as informal class evaluations.
- Monitor the progress of student flight training to ensure safety and to increase enrollment and completion rates.
- Conduct Flight Instruction, Ground Instruction and Redbird Simulator Instruction.
- Assist with student registration and advisement and participates in recruitment events.
- Prepare reports regarding student retention, status of flight accounts, and student progress to ensure program responsiveness.
- Establish and maintain a positive, effective working relationship with students, staff, faculty and institutional representatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation or at least three (3) years of aviation related relevant field experience (corporate, air carrier, flight training, military aviation, etc.).
- Hold all licenses required to be designated as Chief Instructor in accordance with 14 CFR 141.35(a) through 14 CFR 141.35(c)
- Knowledge and understanding of FAR Part 141 and 61 requirements and flight school operations.
- Minimum of 250 hours instructing in multi-engine aircraft strongly preferred.
- Possess excellent organizational and decision-making skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in daily duties.
- Ability to manage regulators, respond to requests in a timely manner and maintain all records required.
- Ability to work in a multi-faceted environment with personnel, students, faculty staff, administrators and ownership.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Oracle Aviation Company Overview
Oracle Aviation is a first-class FBO located in the heart of Omaha, NE. Since we are centrally located, you can easily get anywhere in the metro area within minutes! We are dedicated to providing everyone the highest level of customer service. We opened our doors in 2014 and have grown quickly, with many career opportunities that allow for personal growth and advancement. Oracle is a full service FBO, including AvGas and JetA fuel, hangars, Flight School, Part 145 Avionics Repair Station, full maintenance capabilities, Aircraft Sales and Aircraft Rental.