Aviation Deputy Program Manager Nellis Afb Hot
- North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Job ID
Aviation Deputy Program Manager Nellis Afb job at PAE in North Las Vegas NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldAviation Deputy Program Manager (DPM) (Nellis AFB)
This position is contingent on contract award.
The Deputy Program Manager shall manage and represent the company as the authorized representative for the contractual technical and administrative performance of all services required for this program.
In the absence of the PM the DPM will be responsible for program leadership decision making and management of work requirements utilizing a skilled team in an environment that requires flexibility adaptability and responsiveness. The DPM shall demonstrate and apply highly developed interpersonal analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills the ability to manage complex programs in a diverse and dynamic environment with short-notice tasking s under high pressure situations.
- Develop positive customer relationships to achieve open daily communications and meet contract objectives
- Coordinate operational matters with and maintains liaison with the Wing Commander and Operations Group Commander to meet all mission requirements and enhance operational efficiency
- Interface the customer and within PAE to resolve problems beyond the Program s capability
- Devote personal attention to the morale and welfare of all employees; and provide a safe work environment
- Review of the previous day current day and next day s activities with the DOM Quality Manager Wing and Group leadership and flying squadrons focused on identifying and resolving detractors to mission success
- Ensure DOM and Quality Manager publish company Operating Instructions containing specific responsibilities for all PAE personnel IAW PAE Quality Control Program Plan
- Provide guidance and direction to the PAE management staff
- Ensure adherence to established standards of individual performance and discipline
- Interview prospective managers and assists in the selection of new employees
- Approve personnel actions such as promotions transfers and appropriate disciplinary action
- Establish and manage PAE operating budget; review and approve project costs and expenditures
- Identify study and implement cost saving initiatives where applicable
- Practice and promote the principles of the PAE Six Sigma Program
- Minimum 20 years Air Force operations or aircraft maintenance organization leadership/management experience; must include assignment MAJCOM/Center level.
- Minimum 10 years management and supervisory experience in the performance and execution of Air Force Fighter/Fixed Wing Aircraft maintenance experience.
- 5 years experience as Maintenance Operations Officer or Maintenance Superintendent or higher
- Experience with and in-depth comprehension of large-scale USAF organizations and the functions and operations of Wing/base activities (i.e. Maintenance Civil Engineering Logistic Operations etc.)
- Must have extensive thorough knowledge Air Force maintenance concepts and procedures
- Must have completed AS9110 Lead Audit course.
- Possess strong communications interpersonal leadership and managerial skills with an extensive background in building and leading a diverse team to deliver operational contractual and financial results
- Bachelor s Degree (required)
- Secret Security Clearance (required)
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification (required)
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race religion color sex gender national origin age United States military veteran s status ancestry sexual orientation marital status family structure medical condition including genetic characteristics or information veteran status or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation or any other protected category under federal state or local law.