Sr Aircraft Technician flightline Featured
- Columbus, Mississippi
- Job ID
Sr Aircraft Technician flightline job at PDS Tech in Columbus MS
Description, duties, responsibilities
PDS is seeking an Sr. Aircraft Technician- Flightline for an open position in Columbus MS.
In your role you will:
Perform detailed assembly installation repair or replacement of aircraft components and systems in the manufacture maintenance or refurbishing of aircraft and function check of components. Conduct operational checks of complete systems to verify proper functioning of components and systems. Diagnose malfunctions or failures and make adjustments repairs or replacements of parts or components.
Aircraft Build-up/testing: 70%
- Perform detailed assembly installation repair replacement adjustment and alignment of parts and components
- Conduct operational checks of complete systems to verify proper functioning of components and systems.
System Troubleshooting: 20%
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose malfunction or failures on the following aircraft systems: aircraft equipment furnishings fire protection fuel system hydraulics landing gear doors fuselage stabilizer rotor systems power plant and engine controls.
- Assure that completed work complies with FAA regulations customer requirements and company specifications.
- Follow all OSHA safety and environmental regulations.
- Complete forms and records pertaining to completion of assigned work.
- Participate in flight tests on aircraft and log work to be performed as required. Interface with customer for delivery; prepare for delivery inspection and any problems customer may discover.
Email Your Updated Resume to ...@pdstech.com
- H/S diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum six (6) years of aviation maintenance experience
- Current FAA A&P License
- Background in aviation maintenance on like type aircraft and systems. General knowledge of standard practices and troubleshooting methods.
- Flight Line experience
- Helicopter maintenance experience
- Airbus Helicopter airframe experience
- Safran Turbomeca engine experience
- Have clear understanding of Part 21 and Part 145 processes.
- US Person under ITAR definition (U.S. Citizen green card holder or person covered under our existing ITAR license)
- Onsite: 90%
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens able to read documents reports and engineering drawings on a daily basis.
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms on a daily basis.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings deliver information and participate in communications on a daily basis.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer telephone copies fax machine and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts on a daily basis.
- Carrying: able to carry documents tools drawings electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs on a daily basis.
- Lifting: able to lift documents tools drawings electronic equipment up to 60lbs/28kgs on a daily basis.
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools on a daily basis.
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings working on computer on a weekly basis.
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving on daily basis.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor on a daily basis.
- Walking (includes routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces on a daily basis.
- Travel: To be able to travel independently and at short notice as needed or required.
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes but is not limited to Safety Shoes Safety Glasses Hearing Protection Respirators/Masks and/or Protective Gloves as required by site and/or customer site
Email Your Updated Resume to ...@pdstech.com
PDS Tech Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex sexual orientation gender identity religion national origin disability veteran status age marital status pregnancy genetic information or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977 PDS Tech Inc. is one of the nations premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace Defense Electronics Telecommunications Automotive and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation track record and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
PDS Tech Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.