Crew Scheduling Trainer Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Crew Scheduling Trainer job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Crew Scheduling Trainer
• Location: Dayton OH
• Work Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (occasional hours may vary and duty may be extended)
• Reports To: Assistant Director of Operations Training & Delivery
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Local Candidates Preferred
• Travel: Rare travel may be expected (5-10%)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek leaders who inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
The Crew Scheduling Trainer will embody the PSA Way and incorporate its elements into every program process and action. The overarching goal is to produce the highest quality scheduling team focused on providing the best performance and customer service in the Regional Airline industry in support of the PSA Mission and Vision.
• Perform as the Lead Training Instructor for the Crew Scheduling Department for;
• New Hire Classes
• On the Job Training
• Progression Training
• Re-Current Training
• Target Training
• New Hire Competency Checks
• Assist with Crew Scheduling recurrent and progression quizzes.
• Maintain training related compliance records through Comply365
• Schedule and track departmental training records using a consistent method for due dates progress completion and scores.
• Develop and update LMS training modules.
• Audit and update departmental checklists.
• Attend quarterly Crew Scheduling meetings to acquire knowledge on current events and potential training material.
• Aid the Crew Scheduling department in the customization development and implementation of Customer Service Training.
• Provide insight for available third party educational programs and training opportunities.
• Work with Curriculum Development to develop and facilitate training plans that will optimize the performance and efficiency of the Crew Resources team including recurrent training.
• Assist with training updates in the Crew Scheduling Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Assist with training updates in the Crew Scheduling Training Guide and Curriculum.
• Facilitate development and maintenance of a training program for irregular operations to include actual IROP scenarios and simulation.
• Lead and participate in special projects as assigned.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience;
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs;
• At least two – four years previous supervisory experience;
• At least two – four years of crew scheduling crew planning or related airline experience.
• If hired must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Previous experience with adult learning.
• Strong analytical skills advanced knowledge of applicable FAA regulations
• Previous experience interacting with union representatives
• Advanced knowledge of PSA/ALPA and PSA/AFA working agreement preferred but not required
To be successful at PSA you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Ability to learn and proficiently operate sophisticated and complex software systems (e.g. Sabre CrewTrac Flica etc.)
• Time and performance management
• Strong organizational skills
• Proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel
• Strong team player
• Professional aptitude
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties
• Adaptability in fast-paced high-stress aggressive growth environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2021-2730
Street: 3400 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.