Manager Of Inflight Training Hot
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Manager Of Inflight Training job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Manager Inflight Training
- Location: Charlotte NC Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM (occasional on site office coverage on evenings and weekend as job duties demand) Reports To: Assistant Director of Operations Training and Delivery Direct Reports: Instructors Relocation: Assistance available Travel: Frequent out-of-area and overnight travel may be required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people - team members and customers alike - feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek leaders who inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Charlotte NC: Charlotte hosts one of PSAs senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the "Queen City" this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers Charlotte Motor Speedway NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including: Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks Medical Dental and Vision 401k with company match American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
The Manager of Inflight Training impacts PSA Airlines operations by providing essential support and oversight of training for Flight Attendants. In acting as a liaison between local system and departments this role will ensure that employees are able to provide safe reliable quality and timely service to customers.
- Oversee and manage all flight attendant initial and recurrent training in accordance with PSAs approved training manual.
- Develop implement and revise the Flight Attendant training curriculums.
- Complete and maintain all training records for Flight Attendants.
- Submit to the Assistant Director of Training and Delivery revisions to the Flight Attendant training curriculums reflecting changes in FARs and company policies and procedures.
- Explore alternative training techniques equipment programs etc. to assure programs are current and effective about industry standards.
- Manage facilities and equipment assigned to flight attendant training.
- Represent the company with government industry and communities in activities related to training.
- Supervision and scheduling of Inflight Training Specialists including evaluation of Instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs as well as providing recommendations for improvement.
- Plan develop and provide training demonstrations on-the-job training meetings conferences and workshops.
- Perform proficiency checks and I.O.E. certifications to ensure compliance with new and existing regulations.
- Collaborate with Inflight Standards Supervisor to ensure consistent application of all training curriculum.
- Retain qualification and currency as PSA Airlines Flight Attendant on all aircraft types to which flight attendants are assigned
- Acquire and maintain comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements (CFRs TSRs DOTs security directives) company policies and procedures.
- Conduct Flight Attendant training courses and deliver curriculum in cases of an Inflight Trainers absence.
- Responsible for the Companys Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
Required Ability to maintain qualifications and currency as a PSA Airlines Flight Attendant on all company aircrafts Flight Attendant experience
- 3-5 years of experienced leadership position Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
- If hired must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
Preferred Associated or Bachelors Degree in related position
To be successful at PSA you should be: Driven Reliable Caring Engaging Communicator Decisive Results Driven To be successful in this position you should be great at:
- Strong communication (verbal and written) Project management Problem solving Coaching and Development Driving Excellence Facilitating Change Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen. AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSA Airlines Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.