- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
CREW PLANNING ANALYST
JOB TITLE: Crew Planning Analyst
LOCATION: Vandalia OH
REPORTS TO: Director of Crew Planning
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
This is an exciting time to join PSA! As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S. we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. PSA Airlines is known for its outstanding safety and training culture and has a long history of excellence that we’re proud to carry forward. With over 3500 employees PSA is an exciting fast-paced place to work. At PSA we are a close-knit passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best.
Summary/Objective: The Crew Analyst is responsible for the design and implementation of PSA Airlines comprehensive manpower planning tools. It includes tracking and maintaining various inputs that drive manpower requirements.
- Build and maintain analytical manpower planning models to determine optimal pilot and flight attendant staffing levels
- Calibrate input parameters to the manpower models and forecast trends
- Monitor and track variance to plan; provide periodic reports focusing on trends and anomalies; seek out action plans and recommend corrective action to improve model accuracy
- Develop/automate reporting capabilities and data extraction methods to build in process efficiencies that minimize manual analyses
- Process crew member vacation requests and domicile changes
- Assist in the management of crew hotels and deadheads
- Respond to ad hoc data/analysis requests; provide support as an analytical resource
- Complete other related duties and responsibilities as assigned in order to achieve departmental objectives
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Experience in using modeling techniques (e.g. statistical forecasting optimization simulation spreadsheet) to answer business questions and to assess the impact Proficient in the use of data retrieval languages such as Access/SQL
- Experience with data reporting and visualization tools and techniques (TABLEAU)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software especially Excel
- Strong business acumen; technical learning/innovation management; and a drive for results
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and in written presentation form
- Demonstrated ability to perform both independently and as a team member handle multiple assignments complete projects on time perform under pressure and respond to changing priorities; ability to complete assigned projects accurately and within defined deadlines.
Supervisory Responsibility: There are no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday typically from 8:00 to 5:00 with occasional extended periods of time as necessary.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Operation Research Industrial Engineering Applied Math Computer Science Business Administration or related field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reliability Analyst - Vandalia OH
Crew Pay Analyst - Vandalia OH
Crew Scheduler - Vandalia OH
Repair Analyst - Vandalia OH
CASS Analyst - Vandalia OH
Planning Admin - Vandalia OH
Flight Attendant - Vandalia OH
Airframe and Powerplant Technician - Vandalia OH
Technical Support Specialist - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Safety Specialist - Vandalia OH
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.