Maintenance Operations Duty Manager Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Maintenance Operations Duty Manager job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Maintenance Operations Duty Manager
• Location: Dayton OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time with an expecation of having availability 24 hours a day 7 days a week
• Reports To: Manager - Maintenance Operations Control
• Direct Reports: All assigned support staff
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Less than 10%
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek leaders who inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
The Maintenance Operations Control Duty Manager impacts PSA Airlines safety for all aircraft; accountable for operational decisions pertaining to the recovery of aircraft in support of the daily operation you ensure that the customers make it to their destination safely and on time.
• Assist and support the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering and other senior management in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
• Provide leadership training and work assignments to maintenance control staff to ensure team provides superior customer service.
• Provide oversight of all maintenance control center activities to include maintenance planning AOG desk coordination and fleet administration.
• Responsible for final approval on required OCF and ferry flights under the guidance of maintenance senior leadership.
• Accountable as the single point of contact for maintenance leadership for operational information.
• Collaborate with and provide tactical direction to maintenance facility leadership during IROP and out of service events. .
• Manage and report all irregular maintenance operations to maintenance senior leadership.
• Accountable for the safe and efficient return of out-of-service aircraft.
• Lead and participate in required cross-departmental meetings and conference calls. .
• Ability to author and implement Standard Operating Procedures for Maintenance Control Operations.
• Develop and implement strategic initiatives to improve maintenance operations performance and efficiency.
• During normal course of duty ensure the performance of maintenance meets regulatory requirements and is achieved in accordance with PSA manuals.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive corrective actions following non-compliance events or operational incidents.
• Interface and collaborate with the OCC Duty Manager to provide solutions that best support airline operations.
• Manage and lead key maintenance department initiatives in support of meeting and exceeding established performance goals.
• Any other duties assigned by the Maintenance Control Manager.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• FAA A&P License
• Minimum of 5 years of technical and management experience within a 49CRF Part 121 Airline operation
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to build an effective team comprised of peer and subordinates
• Advanced technical degree in aviation or closely related discipline
• Previous maintenance control experience
To be successful at PSA you should be:
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Collaborative problem solving
• Coaching & Development
• Driving excellence
• Facilitating change
• Strategic thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 and pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2019-1721
Street: 3400 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.