Master Scheduler Featured
- North Hollywood, California
- Job ID
Master Scheduler job at Precision Castparts in North Hollywood CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
With more than 120 operations and about 20000 employees worldwide Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large complex structural investment castings airfoil castings forged components aerostructures and highly engineered critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe fittings forgings and clad products for power generation and oil and gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications we insist on quality and dependability not just in the materials and products we make but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland Oregon this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016 Berkshire Hathaway led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Avibank Manufacturing Inc. a PCC Company apart of the Engineered Products Group is among the worlds leading manufacturers specializing in the design and production of sophisticated fasteners and multi-component fastening systems and devices solving difficult engineering and critical performance problems.
We have integrated teams working together to respond to customers needs from conception to development to product integration. Avibank is dedicated to continuous process improvement within and outside the PCC Corporation. Avibank and the PCC organization build customer alliances upon the highest ethical standards.
Avibank is a major supplier to commercial airlines with Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) from the FAA. We supply products used in a variety of applications in a diverse range of industries including aircraft aerospace automotive marine communications railway computers medical equipment and many others.
Summary: Under supervision uses independent judgement to compile and record production data to prepare records and reports on volume of production and to review prepare and release production orders to manufacturing within an established schedule performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles and records production data from such documents as customer orders work orders product specifications and individual worker production sheets.
- Calculates factors such as types and quantities of items produced materials used amount of scrap and frequency of defects. Checks and verifies results against standard production rates.
- Writes production reports based on data compiled tabulated and computed.
- Plans and follows schedules of workflow and operations according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Clearing difficulties that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Initiates component and assembly orders.
- Creates re-work orders as needed.
- Reviews material inventory records and prepares requisitions for procurement of materials and supplies base upon production schedules established by others.
- Charts production based on statistics compiled for reference by production and management personnel.
- Sorts and distributes work orders or material to workers and/or production supervisors.
- Provides current status and projected completion dates to interested parties
- Directly handles and responds MRP/ERP system production control messages
- Manages inventory levels for critical production operations
- Validates internal and external operation lead times against current standards
- Ensures purchased goods are ordered on time to support customer demand
Two-year degree from college or technical school 2+ years of experience in production planning or related field 2-4 years of related experience in manufacturing
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Additional experience in manufacturing or engineering
- MS Project experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong influencing skills within a matrix organization
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Six Sigma training preferred
- Knowledge of production and inventory management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or status as a protected veteran.
Precision Castparts Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.