Wheelchair Attendant Featured
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Job ID
Wheelchair Attendant job at PrimeFlight Aviation Services in Honolulu HI
Description, duties, responsibilities
As a valued member of the PrimeFlight team you will provide safe and courteous wheelchair services to various airline passengers with disabilities while complying with the Air Carrier Access Act airport policies airline procedures FAA regulations and U.S. Customs procedures. You will:
- Safely and comfortably lift disabled passengers with assistance from one mobility device to or from an aircraft seat
- Push wheelchair passengers to and from gates
- Carry passengers carry-on luggage
- Assist with checked and claimed luggage
- Roll customer-occupied wheelchair safely down the jet bridge
- Ensure wheel brakes are in place prior to allowing passengers to exit the wheelchair
- Complete any necessary wheelchair or incident reports
- Follow dispatcher gate orders
- Stock needed supplies including but not limited to baggage tubs
- Pull unclaimed luggage from baggage belts and ensure its security
- Assist passenger with any problems questions or concerns
- Maintain professional working relationships with fellow employees supervisors managers airline employees and airport authorities
- Have computer tablet or smart phone ability
- Demonstrate regular predictable attendance at job location
- Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
- Carry out other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving Customer Service Interpersonal and Oral Communication.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 18 years of age
- Reliable transportation
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to follow PrimeFlight Aviation safety guidelines for transporting the physically challenged
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer tablet or smart phone ability.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. Employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Some work is in an outside environment with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuously stand and walk for 6-8 hours
- Be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds and push a wheelchair with an adult in it.
- Be able to bend stretch twist squat and reach out with the body arms and/or legs
- Use hands to finger handle or feel
- Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
PrimeFlight Aviation Services Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.