Avionics Installation Technician Lead Featured
- Smyrna, Delaware
- Job ID
Avionics Installation Technician Lead job at Recourse Communications in Smyrna DE
Description, duties, responsibilities
Avionics Installation Technician Lead
This is a rare opportunity to join a dedicated team committed to the highest quality workmanship integrity and customer satisfaction and to join an established company with renewed vigor and growth under new ownership.
There is compelling innovation and opportunity within the world of avionics. We are an award-winning authorized FAA Repair Station that sells installs and maintains avionics systems for general aviation aircraft including business jets turboprops and piston engine airplanes. Carpenter has served customers across the country and internationally since 1981 from its location in greater Nashville Tennessee.
Summary of the Role:
An immediate need for an experienced Avionics Installation Technician Lead. The Avionics Install Lead under minimal supervision removes and installs avionics equipment and electrical components fabricates wire harnesses and terminations troubleshoots installations and completes functional testing of avionics and electrical systems. In this role the Install Lead performs basic sheet metal tasks such as drilling riveting and operates basic sheet metal hand tools. The Install Lead also may perform painting and finish work on instrument panels. This role reports to the Avionics Installation Manager.
This Avionics Install Lead will be experienced enough to work not only alone in a productive self-driven way but also would be able to act as lead/supervisor with one or two other team members from time to time to help others develop and perfect their avionics installation skills. Further this person could potentially be supervisor when the Avionics Install Manager isn t present and/or in a scenario in which Carpenter activates an evening or weekend shift.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting wiring diagrams aircraft blueprints and schematics.
- Wire install test and verify operation of avionics equipment and accessories; identify and correct electronics failures in various airframes using hand tools test equipment technical documents and technical reference materials; all the while communicating with co-workers and in some cases with manufacturers in a timely effective way.
- Modify existing instrument panels or fabricate new panels; fabricate equipment shelves as required; and fabricate and install other hardware to support and enable aviation electronics systems.
- Assure that installations are done in accordance with procedures described in the company s FAA Repair Station Manual as well as with FAA Regulations and manufacturer instructions.
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good decisions regarding job sequence and techniques troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution all in order to maximize quality and efficiency and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Operate with the highest level of ethics integrity safety and honesty.
- Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to climb ladders apply finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools be able to move around the shop/hangar area and within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.
- Passion for aviation learning innovation and achievement.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work in a self-directed way.
- Willingness to work alongside others in the team - as part of the team - and lead by example
- Ideally ability to lead/mentor others in team to foster their professional and technical skills development.
- Integrity trustworthiness work ethic good judgment and dependability.
- Professional appearance demeanor and presence.
- Customer service orientation attitude and demeanor.
- Computer usage expertise including MSFT Office and EBis line of business software (training provided for EBis).
- Compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass drug test as required by FAA and pass criminal/background check.
- Required Experience: Minimum of two years of work experience in a general aviation aircraft modification/completion shop.
- Preferred Experience: At least five years of successful avionics installation repair or maintenance experience preferably as a lead supervisor or manager - with deep knowledge of Garmin Rockwell Collins Honeywell Avidyne Aspen Avionics Bendix-King and/or other leading avionics brands.
- Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred Education: College / university degree or two years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics.
- Preferred Credential: Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) Certificate by National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT).
- Preferred Credential: FAA Mechanic / Repairman s Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings.
- Other Preferred Credential: FAA Licensed Pilot preferably with an Instrument Rating.
Each associate is a valued resource. Carpenter offers a stable yet exciting environment that has fostered a surprisingly long tenure for its team members. Contributing to this inviting workplace is a compelling overall compensation package that includes:
- Competitive wages with bonus potential.
- 401(k) retirement program with generous company match.
- Group health insurance and Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Access to group life short-term disability and long-term disability coverage.
- Reimbursement program for on-the-job tools.
- Discounts on Carpenter Avionics products and services for personal use.
Located in greater Nashville TN known the world over as Music City a vibrant and growing area offering an incredible quality of life. The Smyrna/Rutherford County Airport is the most active general aviation airport in Tennessee and third most active airport overall in the state. Located at 624-B Fitzhugh Blvd Smyrna TN.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity.
Recourse Communications Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.