Sr Continuous Improvement Engineer Hot
- Downers Grove, Illinois
- Job ID
Sr Continuous Improvement Engineer job at Rexnord in Downers Grove IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Rexnord is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891 Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee Wisconsin U.S.A. and employs approximately 7000 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord Business System (RBS) a process-based framework for world-class operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables speed scalability and consistency to drive superior customer satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS methodology Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing globally competitive businesses while systematically integrating acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy and our Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years ago. We make our communities better with individual and organizational volunteering matching gifts grants scholarships and corporate donations.
Rexnord Aerospace supplies high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings mechanical seals gears and electrical components to commercial air transport markets. Our products are engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in engine systems flight control systems landing gear systems and airframe structures. Our global customer base includes major engine and airframe OEMs tier suppliers and aircraft operators.Job Description
Rexnord Industries LLC a leading supplier in the Aerospace industry is seeking an RBS Engineer/Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Engineer Reporting to the Director of Operations the Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Engineer will lead the sites tactical/strategic implementation of the lean six sigma and RBS (Rexnord Business Systems) efforts and supporting programs. In this position you can make immediate contributions through enhancing the current on-time delivery (OTD) productivity and profitability of the operation. This position is located in Downers Grove Illinois a western suburb of Chicago.
- Drive RBS culture and associate involvement with lean improvement activities
- Improve key business metrics of OTD productivity and EBITDA by implementing and supporting lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Drive the operation to reduce scrap improve inventory turns ensure 95% on-time delivery improve and sustain product availability and reduce manufacturing lead times.
- Promote and facilitate work flow analysis and creating/implementation of standard work to achieve improvement priorities.
- Coordinate and track the monthly strategy deployment activities and initiatives in support of meeting Business Metrics Annual Improvement Priorities (AIPs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Create and Maintain a calendar of kaizen improvements prioritized based on business need
- Lead kaizen activity to drive step change improvements in key KPIs
- Drive Lead Time activities/inventory reduction within organization cellularization kanban supplier pull
- Help team leverage ERP and other reporting tools to drive business operational excellence
- Drive enhancements in Visual Daily Management and visual management for sustainment of continuous improvement and 5S methodologies
- Optimizes work processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Business Insight Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organizations goals.
- Action Oriented Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency high energy and enthusiasm.
- Ensures Accountability Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives Results Consistently achieving results even under tough circumstances.
- Being Resilient Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Experience and Skill Required:
- Bachelors degree preferably in a technical field with advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment with assignments in lean manufacturing/continuous improvement implementation as well as operations leadership.
- Travel up to 10%
- Hands-on experience implementing Lean in manufacturing and transactional areas
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred levels below considered
- Experience in metal manufacturing environment including metal cutting and grinding highly desirable
- Excellent writing/administrative skills including computer skills (word processing graphics spreadsheet Minitab etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Demonstrated ability to teach/train in Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen tools.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with proven ability to develop employees.
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management.
- Team orientation with the ability to influence others
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Dental Vision STD LTD AD&D and Life Insurance
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Rexnord Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.