- Reston, Virginia
- Job ID
Data job at Risk Solutions in Reston VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Are you passionate about aerospace data? About leading a small team? Cirium is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to manage and provide technical leadership for the Tickets Data Engineering team. The role is based in Ciriums office in Reston VA and reports to the Software Engineering Manager.
The team is a cross-functional agile data/software engineering team with a charter to acquire airline ticket data and related information coming from a variety of providers and platforms. After processing combining and adding business value to the data the team makes it easily available for external customers and for downstream internal use by teams and products in the Commercial Planning sector of Ciriums business. Customers in this space are varied and include airlines airports agencies such as IATA ARC FAA and others.
The position leads cultivates and inspires the engineering team in performing research design estimation implementation and testing tasks for all of the teams data software products features and internal tools. The ideal candidate is an Engineering Lead with solid experience in managing an agile team and in collaborating with team members to deliver interesting and valuable data to Cirium and its customers.
- Lead the Tickets Data Engineering team in employing best practices and ensure a well-rounded agile team with minimal knowledge silos.
- Carry out people management responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing hiring training and coaching employees; directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and course-correcting employees; and resolving conflicts.
- Work with the team to develop and provide effort estimates for custom deliverables and coordinate with the Engineering Manager.
- Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to help the team create better and more innovative solutions products and services.
- Participate in and manage an on-call rotation for the team members to provide technical support after-hours and on weekends.
- 7+ years Data Engineering Data Management or Software Engineering experience.
- Bachelors Degree (Engineering/Computer Science preferred but not required); or equivalent experience required.
- 1+ years people management experience
- Experience with tools and techniques for metrics tracking data monitoring and alerting.
- Knowledge of architectural and software design principles.
- Excellent problem-solving skills in identifying researching and coordinating any resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot complex project issues; prior success translating findings into alternatives and solutions; and identifying risks and impacts to facilitate management decision-making.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex national origin citizenship status disability status protected veteran status age marital status sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system that individual should please contact or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.877.###.####.
Please read our
Risk Solutions Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.