Supplier Quality Engineer Featured
- California, Missouri
- Job ID
Supplier Quality Engineer job at Rocket Lab Usa in California MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it we do it!
Supplier Quality Engineer
Responsible for ensuring quality requirements for procured parts services and processes are achieved. The Supplier Quality Engineer will work as a liaison between internal customers and suppliers acting as a critical conduit for translating technical requirements into easy and clear specifications that suppliers can achieve.
The ideal candidate has exceptional communication and negotiation skills and will successfully encourage suppliers to implement robust quality processes drive cost reduction and improve process efficiency whilst enabling smooth management of conflicting priorities between customers and suppliers. Experience developing non-conformance reports performing supplier audits managing supplier concessions and a track record of identifying opportunities to reduce cost risk and lead time are preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuous improvement of product quality.
- Performing on-site and remote supplier audits.
- Create internal and external quality control plans and non-conformance reports.
- Develop quality standards processes and procedures.
- Performing quality investigations identifying processes failures at suppliers and implement corrective actions.
- Deploying PFMEA tools techniques and training to support targeted improvement actions.
- Create internal Engineering Change Requests to support improved manufacturability of parts.
- Support suppliers with scaling up their production processes to achieve future quality cost and delivery targets.
- Develop new supplier management processes.
- Work with suppliers to introduce new products into production (NPI APQP PPAP).
- Liaise between suppliers development production and senior management.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a high quality process driven environment.
- Practical experience leading and investigating quality related issues.
- Experience with Root cause Investigations Practical Problem solving 8D s 5 Why s Fishbone diagrams Ishikawa and/or similar problem-solving tools
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and geometric dimensions.
- Ability to problem-solve independently learn quickly and work productively under limited supervision.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Highly organized with faultless attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous supplier quality work experience.
- Experience leading and managing projects within a regulated industry Aerospace Medical Automotive etc.
- Working knowledge of regulatory standards such as AS9100 IS09001 ISO13485 IATF 16949 or similar.
- Experience with Lean/six sigma NPI APQP and PPAP.
- Understanding of Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) Gauge R&R.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations applicants must be a US citizen lawful permanent resident of the US protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3) or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race color religion gender national origin/ethnicity veteran status disability status age sexual orientation gender identity marital status mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Rocket Lab Usa Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.