Aerospace Standards Business Development Manager Featured
- Warrendale, Pennsylvania
- Job ID
Aerospace Standards Business Development Manager job at SAE International in Warrendale PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Aerospace Standards Business Development Manager
Location(s): Warrendale PA or Remote in the US
This position is responsible for supporting advancing and expanding the SAE Aerospace Standards program and associated SAE products with a technical and strategic perspective and managing and coordinating the activities of the Aerospace Standards staff engineers. Business activities include but are not limited to coordinating business development activities providing staff leadership in new aerospace and standards initiatives building and developing relationships with key aerospace industry and government stakeholders and promoting SAEs standards and related portfolio.
PRIMARY DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with Aerospace Standards Director and team on strategy to advance the development of new SAE aerospace standards and associated industry programs and products of technical strategic and business levels.
- Managing and coordinating activities of Aerospace Standards staff engineers
- Building and developing high level relationships with relevant technical and management stakeholders in industry government and research organizations.
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for new SAE programs products and services related to aerospace standards.
- Supporting technical and leader constituents involved in the SAE Aerospace Standards program. Contribute to the achievement of SAEs organizational goals. Additional projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Aerospace Engineering preferred)or other related field with 10 years related technical experience or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in or with the aerospace industry desired: new technology/vehicle platform experience preferred
- Experience facilitating groups and projects desired
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGEAND SKILLS:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong motivational skills
- Broad knowledge of the aerospace-related technical issues
- Comprehensive understanding of the aerospace industry
- Understanding of the principles of association management and industry standards development process and organizations desired
- Excellent program and people management skills
- Able to travel 35% of time