Policy Analyst Principal Featured
- Bethesda, Maryland
- Job ID
Policy Analyst Principal job at SAIC in Bethesda MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
Job ID: 212276
Location: ARLINGTON VA United States
Date Posted: Feb 17 2021
Subcategory: Policy Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Policy Analyst Principal candidate will provide policy support and subject matter expertise to the DoD Foreign Clearance Program in support of AF/A10. The candidate shall identify and analyze DoD aircraft and personnel global access issues. Based on the analysis the candidate shall develop and communicate proposed recommendations changes and solutions to issues to maximize U.S. forces access to required international airspace and U.S. personnel access to foreign countries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and analyze technical issues associated with international sovereignty policy negotiations resources and implementation of ongoing and new requirements for both personnel and aircraft international clearance Issues.
- Conduct research concerning current international sovereignty policy Issues with specific emphasis on areas such as international transit of territorial airspace International airspace straits archipelagic waters and freedom of navigation.
- Provide the government with information point white decision papers emails and/or briefings discussing their research analysis results findings and recommendations to the client on items of interest to the client and courses of action.
- Assist the client with the development and refinement of operational concepts for aircraft clearance issues personnel international travel clearances and DoD Passport policy procedures and requirements.
- Attends and participates in interagency meetings concerning international aviation issues.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years of experience Masters and eight (8) years of experience
- Headquarters Air Force or related DoD staff experience
- Demonstrated experience with the Foreign Clearance Guide
- Experience and ability with determining entry requirements into foreign counties by DoD personnel and DoD-sponsored personnel.
- Knowledge of international sovereignty issues (aircraft boarding customs and inspections arctic sovereignty etc.).
- Knowledge of AF foreign military and foreign operating rights.
- Ability to address policy issues related to the APACS.
- Knowledge of international civil aviation issues and their relationship to military operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AF freedom of navigation issues and the UN Convention on Law of the Sea.
- Knowledge of USAF special weapons over flight.
- Demonstrated experience in planning directing and managing complex and extended projects and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Air Staff JS and OSD organization and documentation processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Active Secret clearance able to obtain Top Secret
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience planning scheduling and directing of aircraft clearance requirements
- Held overseas positions related to aircraft diplomatic and personnel travel clearances at U.S. Defense Attach and/or Defense Cooperation offices and/or has full knowledge of how these organizations operate.
- International aviation experience as an aircrew member.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nations modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense space civilian and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering IT and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partners ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25500 strong; driven by mission united by purpose and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston VA SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race color religion sex gender identity sexual orientation national origin disability or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
CHANTILLY VA United States
SPRINGFIELD VA United States
ARLINGTON VA United States
BETHESDA MD United States
BETHESDA MD United States
FORT MEADE MD United States
SAIC Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.