Senior Airport Civil Engineer Hot
- Henderson, Nevada
- Job ID
Senior Airport Civil Engineer job at SNC Lavalin Group in Henderson NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
We are hiring! The Senior Airport Civil Engineer will be based out of our office in Henderson Nevada and reports to our Aviation Technical Manager. The Senior Airport Civil Engineer provides the expertise of a seasoned Aviation Engineer to all conventional aspects of functional area and applies advanced concepts and techniques to unconventional engineering problems. May function as individual researcher or technical specialist on airfield design or construction projects that may include runway taxiway apron and utility improvements. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
Atkins is one of the worlds most respected design engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning engineering construction environmental consulting urban planning architecture and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Performs airfield or landside project design sketching design concepts to be developed by junior engineers CAD designers or technicians.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering investigations or planning work.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for new projects weighing alternatives and selecting the most cost-effective solution.
- Analyzes technical problems assessing the feasibility of proposed techniques and procedures and devising new approaches and alternative solutions.
- Analyzes project dimension and scope and prepares or oversees the preparation of cost and manpower estimates schedules and job budgets.
- Coordinates work with project manager and guides and mentors junior professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of preliminary and final plans.
- Is responsible for quality control maintaining quality standards in all work produced and checking computations or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- May occasionally manage projects.
- May occasionally travel to project locations in and out of the United States.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with seven years of experience since B.S. or 6 years since M.S. Typical incumbent has ten to fourteen years of experience.
- PE is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant aviation related civil engineering experience is required.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and the Microsoft Office Suite is required.A knowledge of or experience with AviPLAN or Aeroturn is a plus.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills. Incumbent may be eligible for project management training.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs training career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company SNC-Lavalin family of companies we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Lets keep up the momentum of Moving Together.
Jerel Rackley is a Transportation Engineer who since graduating from Texas A&M University in 2002 has spent his career serving agencies in the design and oversight of roadway projects. He has been at Atkins since August of 2011 and is a recent graduate of the Building People Leaders program. He took some time to share his experiences about the Mentoring Program.
?Were proud to be a founding partner of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) Infrastructure Learning Hub which promotes a variety of STEM careers and aims to inspire the next generation by demonstrating the impact engineers can have on the world around us.
In this Blog Series were showcasing and celebrating the work our Graduates are doing on projects. First up we hear from Rose Whitfield whose mantra for 2018 is I HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY. Read on to see how she has already made a big difference to the business in just nine months
Copyright SNC-Lavalin Group 2021 | All rights reserved
SNC Lavalin Group Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.