Slcc Student Workstudy Specialist I Aviation Maintenance Featured
- West Jordan, Utah
- Job ID
Slcc Student Workstudy Specialist I Aviation Maintenance job at Salt Lake Community College in West Jordan UT
Description, duties, responsibilities
The lab aide will assist in maintaining a clean and organized school environment. Lab aide will assist program coordinator in day-to-day operations development maintenance organization of school equipment and assist faculty in the same.Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Perform light maintenance on aircraft.
2. Lab and hangar maintenance and organizatiton
3. Building and developing training aides
4. Assisting faculty with day-to-day operations
5. Moving aircraft and arranging aircraft as needed
6. Assisting with school open house events
7. Internet research
8. Tool room monitoring and Tool room distribution to students
9. Tool room attendant
1. Enrolled in the aviation maintenance program.
2. 3.5 GPA
3. Welding skills
4. Sheet Metal skills
5. Telecommunication skills
6. Strong ability to problem solve
7. Ability to work under pressure
8. Physically able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
9. Self motivated
1. 2.0 GPA
2. Telecommunication skills
3. Problem solving skills
4. Self motivated
5. Willingness to be productive
1. Basic processing and dexterity skills
2. Ability to follow directions and complete assigned tasks.
3. Competent hand writing and typing skills
3. Sheet metal- riveting and layout
4. Welding- arc and gas shielded
5. Comprehend FAA and Airport Regulations
6. Internet navigation
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people ability culture ethnic background to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic socioeconomic cultural and ethnic background of community college students faculty and staff including those with disabilities.
1. Cleaning of lab areas and hangar area
2. Answering telephones and forwarding pertinent information.
4. Helping instructors with basic classroom tasks
5. Returning training aides to stowage locations
Hiring 4 positions.
Work-study is awarded to SLCC students through the Federal College Work-Study program which requires establishing financial need through the FAFSA application from the Financial Aid Office. If you do not have work-study awarded to you you will not be eligible for work under work-study positions.
Salt Lake Community College may complete a criminal background check on the finalist.FLSA Non-Exempt SLCC Information
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race color national origin age sex sexual orientation gender identity genetic information disability religion protected veteran status expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace or any other status protected under applicable federal state or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems ( URS ).
Salt Lake Community College Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.