Aerospace Engineer I Featured
- Centennial, Colorado
- Job ID
Aerospace Engineer I job at Sierra Nevada Corporation in Centennial CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Do you love bringing "out-there" ideas to life? We are innovators on a mission to unite explore and inspire. As an aerospace engineer you will research design develop test certify deploy and improve cutting edge products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. Youll develop complex aerodynamic components structures and systems. Your technical duties involve the design and development analysis and test of new products and processes throughout the product lifecycle.
At SNCs ISR Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost performance and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelors of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering Mechanical Engineering Physics or other related discipline and typically 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Familiarity with Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Some experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Exposure to Engineering Simulation such Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Understanding of aircraft external loads aircraft performance and stability and control.
- Familiarity with wind tunnel and aircraft flight test.
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Understanding of system-level static and dynamic modeling and simulation
- Exposure to aircraft stability principles and control system design and analysis
- Knowledge of industry standard aerospace principles to include but not limited to parametric design model-based definition fundamentals of flight mechanics
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF) a federal government agency handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include but are not limited to allegiance to the U.S. foreign influence foreign preference criminal conduct security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force and as one of Americas fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $66918.50 - $92012.94
SNC offers a generous benefit package including medical dental and vision plans 401(k) with 150% match up to 8% life insurance 3 weeks paid time off tuition reimbursement and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local state or federal law ordinance or regulation.
Sierra Nevada Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.