AP Mechanic Featured
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Job ID
AP Mechanic job at Signature Aviation in Omaha NE
Description, duties, responsibilities
Responsible for inspection troubleshooting maintenance and repair of aircraft systems structures and engines.
- Perform scheduled unscheduled or special inspections in compliance with regulatory authorities and industry standards.
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance and repairs on aircraft engines and a variety of electrical mechanical and hydraulic components and accessories such as propellers starters generators fuel pumps hydraulic pumps actuators wheels tires and brakes.
- Troubleshoot and perform structural repairs to airframes including sheet metal work riveting patching and fiberglass/composite work.
- Perform system troubleshooting and operational and functional checks; service oil fuel and hydraulic systems; provide nitrogen and oxygen servicing; inspect and repair pitot static systems and battery services.
- Make required work order entries for discrepancies and corrective actions.
- Remove and install aircraft components. Install optional or added equipment to aircraft.
- Perform aircraft engine run and taxi as qualified to test system performance. Participate in maintenance test flights for system performance troubleshooting and alignment.
- Understand the operation of various airframe and power plant systems.
- Ensure the calibration of all shop test equipment is accurate by using shop calibration records and procedures and report discrepancies to management.
- Assist and train other technicians in repair of systems structures and engines when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes duty or jet engine noise. Must have ability to:
- Regularly walk stand climb balance stoop kneel crouch crawl use hands to finger handle or feel objects reach with hands and arms talk and hear.
- Frequently sit.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Read write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Read and comprehend safety rules instructions and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Perform simple math calculations and apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Wear uniform and insignia as prescribed by the Company.
- Report to work in a regular and timely manner.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) plus practical knowledge of basic airframe and engine repair.
- Previous experience with general aviation or Corporate jet aircraft preferred.
- Must have a valid A&P License.
- Must possess a valid state Drivers License.
- Must have basic computer literacy.
- Must provide all tools necessary to perform essential job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Signature Aviation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.