Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic
- Wheeling, Illinois
- Job ID
Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic job at Signature Flight Support in Wheeling IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Responsible for ensuring functionality andreliability of machines, engines and mechanical systems.
The following functions may be performed invariable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust,or jet engine noise.
- Inspect and maintain ground support equipment used in operations.
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or overhaul ground support equipment.
- Check and service ground support equipment with fuel, water, oiland hydraulic fluid.
- Diagnose problems using test equipment and applicable manuals.
- Buildand assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspectmachines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discoverfunctionality issues
- Conductrepairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Performthorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Cleanand apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenishfluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provideconsultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine orvehicle users
- Keeplogs of work and report on issues
- Completion of GSE paperwork as required.
- Others duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Thefollowing functions may be performed in variable weather and environmentalconditions such as jet engine fumes, dust or jet engine noise. Must have ability to:
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 75pounds.
- Read, write and fluently speak andunderstand the English language.
- Ability to read and comprehendinstructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Write routine business correspondence.
- Effectively present information inone-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisor andemployees.
- Deal with problems involving severalconcrete variables in standardized situations.
- Apply common sense understanding tocarry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide inall units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Excellentknowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and theircomponents
- Aptitudein using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precisionmeasurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Abilityto follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprintsetc.
- Astrong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Verygood communication skills
- Aproblem-solving ability
- Verygood physical strength and stamina
To performthis job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential jobfunction satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- HighSchool diploma or GED plus one (1) year experience and/or equivalentcombination of education and experience
- PriorGSE or heavy equipment experience preferred
- Musthave your own tools
- Mustpossess valid driver’s license
- Certificationfrom a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
- Validcertification (ASE) preferred
Signature Flight Support Company Overview
Signature Flight Support, is the world’s largest fixed-base operation (FBO) and distribution network for business aviation services. Signature services include fueling, hangar and office rentals, ground handling, maintenance and a wide range of crew and passenger amenities at strategic domestic and international locations. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Signature currently operates at more than 200 locations in the United States, Europe, South America, Africa and Asia. For more information, please visit: www.signatureflight.com