Avionics Technician Okc Featured
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Avionics Technician Okc job at Skywest Airlines in Oklahoma City OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
With over 13000 aviation professionals operating thousands of daily flights SkyWest Airlines connects millions of passengers each month to hundreds of destinations across North America. SkyWest operates in partnership with Delta Air Lines United Airlines American Airlines and Alaska Airlines and has a fleet of nearly 450 aircraft. Headquartered in St. George Utah SkyWests industry-leading workforce and excellent leadership team have consistently generated solid operational and economic performance setting the standard for excellence in the regional industry.
Primary Job Duties
SkyWest Airlines is the largest independently owned regional airline. While our business reputation is based upon our operational and fiscal savvy the true essence of SkyWests success has always been our people. We operate in a team-based environment and provide limitless opportunities for dedicated individuals to move their career in positive directions. We are also serious about providing outstanding career opportunities in addition to world-class benefits like 401(k) Performance Rewards health care and discounted travel worldwide. Some benefits of this position are the ability to work on the entire aircraft tool allowance four 10-hour shifts shift trade flexibility unmatched on-the-job training and many more.
Avionics Technicians will be responsible to perform all maintenance functions and effectively troubleshoot all aircraft. Will be responsible for proficiency in all documentation and paperwork.
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot all aircraft systems
- In a timely manner will be responsible for making critical decisions regarding aircraft safety
- Will be responsible for proficiency in all documentation and paperwork including parts paperwork
- In a hangar environment a technician will be performing avionics inspections routine maintenance (eg foqa downloads) and troubleshooting systems
- In shop environment a technician will be performing testing troubleshooting and completing repairs on components. May also be required to work on aircraft systems
- Other duties as assigned
A&P Mechanics interested in this Avionics Tech position with intent to acquire time requirements to test for FCC Radio License may also apply.
- Must have acceptable skills to read and understand wiring manuals and schematics
- Must possess basic Avionics skills
- Work history of being a self-starter working well in a team environment ability to effectively use aircraft manuals to troubleshoot and repair aircraft avionics and electrical systems
- Possess a valid drivers license and be insurable
- Must have a minimum toolbox
- Problem solving and organizational skills are required
- Willing to work nights and holidays
- Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety
- Must be familiar with and be able to read and understand company manufacturer and wire diagram manuals to include schematics
Physical and Other Requirements
- Able to comfortably lift 60 lbs. routinely with or without a reasonable accommodation
Experience/Training must meet one of the following:
- Graduated from an accredited Avionics School
- Military training in Avionics or Electronics
- Associate degree or higher in Electronics
- Eighteen months experience in the Avionics Industry
- A&P certification with previous Avionics Experience
Must hold a FCC GROL license. If a FCC GROL license is not held at time of employment it must be obtained within six months from hire date.
Please complete the on-line application. Qualified applicants will be contacted.
This position will require the selected candidate to travel outside the station for training - in addition to the completion of their new hire onboarding.
This job posting may have an additional video/phone interview requirement. Please monitor your email and junk folder for additional instructions.
Skywest Airlines Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.