Dfw Airport Cross Utilized Agent Hot
- Dallas, Texas
- Job ID
Dfw Airport Cross Utilized Agent job at Southern Airways Express in Dallas TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Southern Airways Express is seeking a Cross-Utilized Airport Agent to handle customer service duties at our counter and gate as well as various ramp/under-the-wing responsibilities.
The ideal candidate:
- has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- has the ability to read write and speak English effectively
- has the ability to maintain eye contact when speaking with customers
- is professional in appearance and manner
- is courteous in all interactions
- maintains composure keeps emotions in check controls anger and avoids aggressive behavior even in difficult situations
- understands how to diffuse stressful situations
- is detail-oriented
General duties include:
- Creating and modifying reservations
Requirements for the position:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver s license and reliable transportation
- Computer skills ability to learn reservation and phone systems
- Basic math abilities
- Ability to work within a 24/7 operation including holidays
- Ability to pass 10-year background check and pre-employment drug screen
- At least 18 years of age
- Authorized to work in the U.S. per the Immigration Act of 1986
- Must be able to lift 70 pound suitcase from the floor to 18 inches and carry 70 pound suitcase in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet
- Must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions including bending at the waist and knees squatting kneeling crawling twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions and in confined spaces.
Prior experience in airport operations is a plus but paid training is provided to succe
- Checking in passengers
- Safe loading/unloading of passengers
- Handling luggage weights of up to 70 lbs. and monitoring luggage for size and quantity
- Loading unloading and stowing baggage and cargo
- Reviewing baggage tags for accuracy
- Providing information on arrival and departure times boarding procedures carry-on regulations and seating arrangements
- Ensuring FAA Airline and airport regulations are followed
- Enforcing safety/security measures and protecting sensitive zones
- Making announcements over public address system
- Processing cash and credit card payments
- Directing aircraft parking and dispatch on the ramp
- After training towing aircraft to proper parking positions on the ramp
- Maintaining work area and mechanical equipment in proper order
Southern Airways Express Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.