Lead Engineer Sr Research Engineer Aerospace Avionics Electronics Featured
- San Antonio, Texas
- Job ID
Lead Engineer Sr Research Engineer Aerospace Avionics Electronics job at Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Who We Are:
The Embedded Systems Section of the Avionics and Support Systems Department oversees complex embedded systems design for aerospace avionics electronics. Our section also specializes in avionics cybersecurity.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide systems engineering oversight for complex embedded avionics designs
- Supports hardware/firmware architecture design development and test activities
- Supports internally and externally funded avionics cybersecurity hardware/application research and development
- Provides subject matter expertise in FPGA/CPLD/ASIC schematic design and firmware development
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Lead hardware/software/firmware discussions
- Lead/conduct internal reviews of hardware/software/firmware designs and development
- Lead systems integration activities
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 7 years: Embedded hardware/software/firmware design and development skills targeting embedded processors and FPGAs/CPLDs
- Leading hardware/software/firmware architecture design and development teams for embedded systems
- Embedded systems test planning and execution
- A valid/clear drivers license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio Texas
Military Friendly: Your military experience may apply to this position
For more information about this division visit the Defense and Intelligence Solutions home page.
For information about SwRIs benefits please review our Benefits Brochure.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
Southwest Research Institute Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.