Production Coordinator avionics Featured
- Hawthorne, New York
- Job ID
Production Coordinator avionics job at Space Exploration Technologies in Hawthorne NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (AVIONICS)
The Production Coordinator is a critical position within our Avionics Production team. This role is responsible for serving as a liaison between different organizations through the company to ensure that components and assembles flow smoothly through the production area to meet stringent deadlines and quality standards. You will be working on a team that will ultimately extend humanity s reach beyond the earth and the moon!
- Monitor track and move parts as required through the company to ensure timely delivery to next production location.
- Push/pull physical movement of parts through receiving inspection stock rooms purchasing production resources or any applicable work center within SpaceX.
- Promote workflow consistency and accuracy across the company while working to drive down internal logistics lead-time.
- Ensure parts are handled and protected properly and within SpaceX specifications.
- Coordinate off-site processing of parts to ensure on-time delivery.
- Work with the planning procurement engineering and production teams to ensure our MRP/ERP data is and remains clean and accurate.
- Assist with resolution of incorrect system data which is driving inappropriate demand schedules or could result in general failure.
- Update and utilize metrics to drive results as applicable with production personnel.
- Work with production supervisors and managers to ensure all metrics-driven action requirements are completed.
- Develop and maintain reports to highlight needs deliverables and constraints as required for internal and customer use.
- Assist production leadership and project teams with action item updates.
- Support logistics process through innovative staging of workflow.
- Support management of material certifications as required prevent use of un-certified materials.
- Support production and inventory personnel with return to stock and inventory purge actions.
- Support purchase requisition creation for scheduled contract work.
- Organize and maintain the physical and electronic library for production related tooling and calibration database.
- Support projects or productivity development activities within assigned production cells.
- Support assigned production cells with work order management activities.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 1+ years of professional experience in an administrative role.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong computer skills familiar with the full suite of MS Office products.
- Experience in organizing files and documents.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Experience in aerospace automotive semiconductor or electronic manufacturing environments.
- SQL and Tableau experience.
- APICS certification.
- Must be open to work either 1st shift (5:00 AM - 3:30 PM) or 2nd shift (3:30 PM - 2:00 AM) overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods 8 hours min.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen lawful permanent resident of the U.S. protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here .
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race color religion gender national origin/ethnicity veteran status disability status age sexual orientation gender identity marital status mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) ###-####.
Education Information Confirmation
I hereby declare the information provided is true and all educational programs listed will be completed by my start date at SpaceX.
Please convert your GPA to a 4.0 scale. Select "Not Applicable" if you do not have an undergraduate GPA.
Indicate your test score on the 1600 or 2400 scale. Select "Not Applicable" if you have not taken the SAT.
Select "Not Applicable" if you have not taken the ACT.
SpaceX Employment History
If applicable what is / was your SpaceX email address?
How many years of professional work experience do you have?
Please do not include internship experience in your response.
Which shift(s) are you available to work?
Do you meet all of the Basic Qualifications listed for this job?
Please review the Basic Qualifications in the job description.
Are you within a commutable distance or willing to relocate?
Proof of Certification(s)
Please combine multiple attachments into a single .zip file.Attach File
Include a link to any additional content (e.g. personal website portfolio etc.).
How did you hear about this job?
If event or other please specify below.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen lawful permanent resident of the U.S. protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here .
If (f) Other please explain:
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at SpaceX are considered without regards to race color religion national origin age sex marital status ancestry physical or mental disability veteran status gender identity or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping reporting and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Gender Are you Hispanic/Latino? Race and Ethnicity Definitions
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military ground naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veterans discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military ground naval or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military ground naval or air service during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who while serving on active duty in the U.S. military ground naval or air service participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Why are you being asked to complete this form?
We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years.
Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary and we hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form will not negatively impact you in any way regardless of whether you have self-identified in the past. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of federal contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act visit the U.S. Department of Labor s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp .
How do you know if you have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder for example lupus fibromyalgia rheumatoid arthritis or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders for example Crohns Disease or irritable bowel syndrome
- Intellectual disability
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example migraine headaches Parkinson s disease or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition for example bipolar disorder schizophrenia PTSD or major depression
1 Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors visit the U.S. Department of Labors Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp .
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
Space Exploration Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.