Sr Dragon Controller Spacecraft Test And Automation Engineer Hot
- Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Job ID
Sr Dragon Controller Spacecraft Test And Automation Engineer job at Space Exploration Technologies in Cape Canaveral FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. DRAGON CONTROLLER SPACECRAFT TEST AND AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Human spaceflight is inherently risky. SpaceX develops rigorous test campaigns to exercise all flight systems in order to maximize success. Dragon Controllers develop a comprehensive understanding of the vehicle systems requiring a rare cross disciplinary perspective. As a Sr. Dragon Controller youll serve as the last line of defense in evaluating the flightworthiness of our Dragon spacecraft through the development automation and execution of test procedures to put Dragon through its final paces before flight. Youll work alongside your lead to help project manage test campaigns and any hardware/software issues that require troubleshooting escalation. Youll have the opportunity to own larger process improvement projects interfacing with diverse stakeholders from across SpaceX. Your contributions will directly impact astronaut safety and enable human exploration in the final frontier.
- Lead the execution of both Cargo and Crew Dragon spacecraft testing during pre-flight processing and launch campaigns.
- Act as a Dragon vehicle controller and test conductor during Dragon integrated system tests launch operations and recovery operations.
- Help triage test anomaly escalation and implement corrective actions to ensure mission success.
- Develop automated test procedures that evaluate the flight-worthiness of the spacecraft.
- Propose and execute automation infrastructure enhancements to improve test reliability and efficiency during test campaigns across multiple sites.
- Closely collaborate with a wide range of engineering staff and highly skilled technicians on a daily basis.
- Work with a government and commercial customers on pre- and post- flight preparations for human spaceflight.
- Troubleshoot and develop long-term solution for technical problems in collaboration with Cape and larger SpaceX workforce.
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering aerospace engineering physics computer science or other engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a test/automation/integration engineering role.
- Experience automating electro-mechanical test campaigns using Python.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in engineering or other technical discipline.
- Experience in control and monitoring of complex automated systems and risk assessment/reduction of the system.
- Proficiency with programming in Python.
- Competency in analog and digital circuits fluids statics and mechanics sensors and instrumentation data acquisition and software.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral.
- Comfortable being trained to work around hypergolic propellants (MMH and NTO) and willing to work with hazardous materials.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Occasional travel to other SpaceX sites as needed; ~5%.
- Willingness to work outdoors.
- Schedules vary due to site operational needs - flexibility required.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen lawful permanent resident of the U.S. protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race color religion gender national origin/ethnicity veteran status disability status age sexual orientation gender identity marital status mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) ###-####.
Space Exploration Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.