Principal Product Security Engineer
- Hawthorne, New York
- Job ID
Principal Product Security Engineer job at Space Exploration Technologies in Hawthorne NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Principal Product Security Engineer (Spacecraft Engineering)
Hawthorne CA United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRINCIPAL PRODUCT SECURITY ENGINEER (SPACECRAFT ENGINEERING)
The spacecraft engineering team in Hawthorne is hiring for R&D satellite programs that are pushing the boundaries of in-space capabilities. Our missions support scientific research classified national security missions and commercial opportunities. Software engineering and security is at the core of these programs.
The spacecraft software team is building highly reliable in-space networks designing secure systems to guarantee access to space and creating autonomous satellite operation systems and more. Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - we want our engineers to bring fresh ideas from all areas love solving problems and seek to make an impact on an inspiring mission. As we expand this team were looking for versatile driven and collaborative engineers.
Our team is involved in designing the vehicle systems at every phase of development. We build tools that enable us to work more efficiently and that help us build software systems that are secure reliable and autonomous. Our software engineers are responsible for the life cycle of the software they create including development testing and operational support.
- Design and implement tooling and software solutions to meet cyber security requirements for rapidly evolving space vehicle systems
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design and build high-assurance space systems and advanced ground networks
- Act as a security liaison to customers and mission stakeholders to develop security requirements for future SpaceX products
- Continuously evaluate ground and vehicle software for vulnerabilities and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Interface with IT and other product security teams around the company to develop SpaceX-wide solutions for security
- Bachelor s degree in a technical or engineering discipline and 5+ years of security software experience; or 8+ years of security software experience without a degree
- Experience designing and implementing security solutions for operating systems distributed systems and/or firmware/IoT devices
- 7+ years of experience designing and implementing software in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Python C C++
- Experience in exploit development and mitigation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fundamental understanding of network protocols including the TCP/IP stack
- Knowledge of Linux operating system security
- Understanding of modern cryptographic primitives and how to use them to secure systems
- Experience contributing security improvements to established codebases
- Experience with implementing or breaking secure communication systems and exploit development and/or mitigation
- Experience interfacing with external customers and communicating key technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently and in a team take initiative and communicate effectively
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance or ability to obtain one
- An active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions; if so you will be subject to pre-employment drug testing and random drug and alcohol testing
- Ability to travel in support of programmatic requirements
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen lawful permanent resident of the U.S. protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here .
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race color religion gender national origin/ethnicity veteran status disability status age sexual orientation gender identity marital status mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) ###-####.
Education Information Confirmation
I hereby declare the information provided is true and all educational programs listed will be completed by my start date at SpaceX.
Select "Not applicable" if you do not have an undergraduate GPA.
Select "Not applicable" if you do not have a graduate GPA.
Select "Not applicable" if you do not have a doctorate GPA.
Indicate your test score on the 1600 or 2400 scale. Select "Did not take" if you have not taken the SAT.
Select "Did not take" if you have not taken the ACT.
Indicate your test score on the 340 or 1600 scale. Select "Did not take" if you have not taken the GRE.
Select "Did not take" if you have not taken the GMAT.
SpaceX Employment History
If applicable what is / was your SpaceX email address?
How many years of professional work experience do you have?
Please do not include internship experience in your response.
Do you meet all of the Basic Qualifications listed for this job?
Please review the Basic Qualifications in the job description.
Are you within a commutable distance or willing to relocate?
Attach additional content youd like us to review with your application.
Include a link to any additional content (e.g. personal website portfolio etc.).
How did you hear about this job?
If event or other please specify below.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen lawful permanent resident of the U.S. protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here .
If (f) Other please explain:
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at SpaceX are considered without regards to race color religion national origin age sex marital status ancestry physical or mental disability veteran status gender identity or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping reporting and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Gender Are you Hispanic/Latino? Race and Ethnicity Definitions
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military ground naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veterans discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military ground naval or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military ground naval or air service during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who while serving on active duty in the U.S. military ground naval or air service participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Why are you being asked to complete this form?
We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years.
Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary and we hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form will not negatively impact you in any way regardless of whether you have self-identified in the past. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of federal contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act visit the U.S. Department of Labor s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp .
How do you know if you have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder for example lupus fibromyalgia rheumatoid arthritis or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders for example Crohns Disease or irritable bowel syndrome
- Intellectual disability
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example migraine headaches Parkinson s disease or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition for example bipolar disorder schizophrenia PTSD or major depression
1 Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors visit the U.S. Department of Labors Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp .
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
Propulsion Engineer Aerospace And Defense East Aurora NY
Lead Engineer Probabilistic Design Aviation Research Schenectady NY
Principal Aerospace Engineer Chief Engineer Bohemia NY
Software Engineering Internship Flight Research Group Niagara Falls NY
Security Agent Jfk Airport Area Inwood NY
Faa Level Ii Unarmed Security Officer Part Time Queens NY
Engineer Military Aerospace Clifton Springs NY
Electrical Design Engineer Aerospace! Yonkers NY
Senior Aerospace Propulsion Engineer Ronkonkoma NY
Space Exploration Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.
- Job Feed
- News Feed