2021 Summer Intern Manufacturing Research Development Engineer Hot
- Kinston, North Carolina
- Job ID
2021 Summer Intern Manufacturing Research Development Engineer job at Spirit AeroSystems Holdings in Kinston NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Flight begins at Spirit AeroSystems where our products are taking off somewhere around the world every minute of every day. We design and build large structural parts for the worlds premier commercial aircraft (think Boeing and Airbus) as well as top Defense and other cutting edge programs.
Spirit AeroSystems is a global company with a diverse work force spread across three continents. Our headquarters is in Wichita Kansas. There is opportunity for you to be part of an innovative team in the growth industry of aerospace.
Location of Internship: Kinston NC
Flight begins with you at Spirit AeroSystems a place where you can explore your interests and grow your career by working on impactful projects.
As a Manufacturing Research and Development Engineering Intern you can expect to:
- Research develop analyze design and test company products using engineering and scientific principles.
- Translate engineering and scientific concepts from preliminary ideas through product life cycle.
- Research and develop material and processes that support the translation from abstract concepts to functional products and processes.
- Apply knowledge of scientific methods and tools to define and characterize behavior of products services and processes.
- Integrate technical cost value and safety considerations into the product or process definition to comply with customer regulatory and company requirements.
- Document results in drawings data sets reports specifications and supporting data.
- Interface with other members of project or program teams management and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions to meet group organization and company objectives.
- Gain real-world practical and leadership skills through challenging hands-on opportunities.
- Connect with subject matter experts mentors and decision makers.
- Be a part of an intern cohort that enjoys organized social recreational and volunteer activities.
- You must be enrolled full time in a university ABET accredited degree program aligned to the area of internship.
- You must be a current sophomore junior senior or graduate student in good standing with at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race color creed religion national origin sex sexual orientation gender identity and expression marital or civil partnership status pregnancy age disability veteran status or any other protected factor under federal state or local law.
Spirit AeroSystems Holdings Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.