- Clarksburg, West Virginia
- Annual Salary $95,000.00 - $122,000.00
- Job ID
Captain job at Stockmeier Urethanes Inc in Clarksburg WV
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position. Updated resumes may be emailed to
The Captain operates aircraft in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with the Company aircraft schedule, operational directives, and in accordance with International, Federal, State and Local laws and regulations; as well as our Company's Corporate Policies and the Flight Operations Manual.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures the safe and efficient conduct of assigned flights.
Note: The Pilot-in-Command will not be subject to coercion by any company departmental managers or customers. Good judgment shall prevail at all times.
- Directs the activities of the Second-in-Command and ensures that all crewmembers understand fully and completely what duties they are expected to perform.
- Participates in the Safety Management System.
- Ensures that the aircraft is airworthy and registered, and all required documentation is onboarding the aircraft.
- Checks weather and all applicable NOTAMs where available, and determines fuel, oil, and oxygen requirements.
- Determines the aircraft weight and balance.
- Ensures databases are current.
- Ensures iPads are updated and adequately charged for the assigned flight.
- Ensures that all flight planning requirements have been met.
- Ensures that aircraft crewmembers have valid Pilot Certificates, Medical Certificates, passports, and visas, as required.
- Ensures that the flight will not be commenced if a crewmember is incapacitated from performing duties by any cause such as injury, sickness, fatigue, or the effects of any psychoactive substance.
- Ensures that the flight will not be continued beyond the nearest suitable airport when a crewmember’s capacity to perform functions is significantly reduced by impairment of faculties from causes such as fatigue, sickness, or lack of oxygen.
- Completes an aircraft preflight inspection before each departure.
- Ensures the Passenger Safety Briefing is provided to the passengers.
- Operates the aircraft per the Flight Department SOP and checklists, and within aircraft limitations.
- Continually monitors the amount of usable fuel to ensure a safe landing with appropriate fuel reserves and communicates with ATC during abnormal situations.
- Ensures compliance with customs, immigration, and cabotage laws.
- Completes all postflight duties, including notifying the Company of deviations to any planned itinerary, schedule, or overnight location.
- Records flight times and aircraft defects.
- Reports all known or suspected FAA violations or incidents to the Director of Flight Operations as soon as practical.
- Reports any act of unlawful interference to the FAA or State (Mandatory Occurrence Report), as appropriate, and to the designated local authority.
- As soon as possible, reports any hazardous weather or flight conditions encountered that are likely to affect the safety of other aircraft to the appropriate ATC facility.
- In the event of an accident / incident, preserves flight and cockpit voice recorder data.
- Notifies the appropriate authority, by the quickest available means, of any accident involving the aircraft (except where the PIC is incapacitated, when it will become the responsibility of the Director of Flight Operations or senior flight crewmember).
- Assumes any duties delegated by the Director of Flight Operations.
- Serve as backup for the Director as needed.
- Lives and promotes Corporate Core Values.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to see and hear clearly
- Ability to read, comprehend, and speak English clearly
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds
- Single pilot turbine PIC experience
- 500 hours PIC turbine
- 2-5 years aviation experience
- Knowledge and experience with FAA regulations pertaining to corporate aircraft
- Knowledge and experience with US customs entry/exit procedures as well as international handling
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to write legibly
- Ability to operate computer and type effectively
- Ability to pass drug screen
- Ability to pass criminal history records check and airport badging requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport
- Must have a valid First Class FAA Medical Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Management, Business, or related field strongly preferred
Stockmeier Urethanes Inc Company Overview
STOCKMEIER Urethanes is dedicated to producing the highest quality urethane products and providing outstanding commercial and technical service at the best value to the customer. STOCKMEIER Urethanes believes in continuously improving our products, processes, and people in all areas of the company. We strive to meet or exceed customer expectations and to be recognized in the industry as a reliable, innovative, and trusted source of urethane products.STOCKMEIER Urethanes strives to create a positive and safe workplace with integrity, teamwork, respect, and order. It is our commitment to ensure that each employee reaches their potential and effectively works Interdependently with the team to fulfill STOCKMEIER Urethanes’ mission. We take pride in our corporate Core Values - Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership, Leadership, and Innovation. We're located in Clarksburg, WV, which provides it all! Close to nature, close to metro areas. Sports, arts, entertainment, as well as peace and quiet. We look forward to learning more about you!
- Job Feed
- News Feed