Ramp Services Agent Featured
- Hartsfield, Georgia
- Job ID
Ramp Services Agent job at Swissport in Hartsfield GA
Description, duties, responsibilities
To provide all necessary and required under-wing ground support services as contracted by the customer to include but not be limited to loading and unloading baggage and cargo marshalling water and lavatory servicing.
- Marshall aircraft during arrival and departure
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo bulk and/or containers/pallets onto carts and/or dollies
- Unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment to include tow tractors tow bars belt loaders container loaders baggage tugs water/lavatory service trucks aircraft ground power units aircraft air start units air stairs aircraft de-icing units baggage carts cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load mail live animals wheelchairs and child strollers onto aircraft
- Service aircraft water and lavatories
- Inspect ramp areas adjacent to gate and aircraft for debris and remove/dispose of when found.
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all federal state municipal airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualifications and Competencies
- Previous ramp experience a plus
- Valid drivers license
- Good communication skills
- Language skills
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days evening nights weekends and holidays)
- Excellent Health and Safety awareness
- Lift heavy objects that could reach 70 pounds (32 kilograms)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60000 dedicated professionals serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling Cargo Services Executive Aviation Travel Services Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People Professionalism and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe for a better customer experience .
Swissport Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.