Publications Specialist AFC
- Austin, Texas
- Annual Salary $60,000.00
- Job ID
Publications Specialist AFC job at Systems Products and Solutions in Austin TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Systems Products and Solutions Inc. (SPS) is seeking experienced and highly motivated applicants for Publications Specialist to support the Data and Decision Sciences Directorate (DDSD) at the Army Futures Command (AFC) Headquarters in Austin, TX.
The successful candidate for Publications Specialist must be dependable and thorough in their work and, under Government supervision, able to collect and organize information required for formatting and maintaining report templates, proof reading, editing, configuration management, and storage of completed AFC forms and reports.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for developing Standard Operating Procedures, briefings, and status reports to support the implementation, management, and storage of AFC forms and reports.
- Responsible for developing and delivering training to AFC personnel on AFC Publications policies, procedures, and tools.
- Responsible for proof reading completed forms and reports for completeness and conformity to AFC, US Army, and DoD standards.
- Assist with routing of forms and reports for approval, digital signatures, and storage of end records in PDF format in a SharePoint or other electronic library.
- Responsible for conferring with technical writers, technical illustrators, and logistic analysts in developing publications.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high-quality material with meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable of the publication processes, including maintaining hardcopies of the latest applicable military specifications and understanding their impact.
- Responsible for integrating text, art, and tables into publications.
- Responsible for proofreading all materials produced to ensure material meets established standards for format and editorial content, prior to sending to the editor or quality control person.
- Handle special publishing and communications projects and assigned collateral duties in support of DDSD program(s).
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, 7-9 years’ experience, experience can substitute for education
- Must have excellent working knowledge of PC’s to include working with Microsoft Office and Adobe software products.
- Prior Army Publications experience a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in Military/DoD environment.
- Must have an active Secret clearance at time of hire
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
- Ability to read, write and speak English functionally.
- Working knowledge of military publications and specifications such as MIL-STD-40051-C, and MIL-HDBK-1222C.
- Working knowledge of SGML and/or XML tagging, use of Arbortext Editor, Epic Editor, or like authoring software.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Bachelors or better.
Ability to read, write and speak English functionally.
Bachelor’s degree, 7-9 years’ experience, experience can substitute for education. Must have excellent working knowledge of PC’s to include working with Microsoft Office and Adobe software products. Prior Army Publications experience a plus. Must be able to communicate effectively in Military/DoD environment. Must have an active Secret clearance at time of hire Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Systems Products and Solutions Company Overview
Before SPS was started in 2005, our CEO Nilmini Thompson was a government contract employee, serving in a myriad of logistics planning, information management, and deployment readiness positions. It was from the above business operational primary mindset Nilmini established SPSÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ business operational framework. That being a solutions-based company that focuses on partnering with our customers to solve problems, rather than just the tasks at hand. And looking back we can proudly say that it was the right mindset and has contributed to countless significant customer successes over the years. SPS Today. Today, SPSÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ ground and aviation service brands have operated in over 40 locations and counting. Our companies continue to provide a full spectrum of quality ground and aviation logistics, supply, maintenance, engineering, training, fielding, and IT platform-based services, including excellent lifecycle-based reliability, usability, and maintainability services. SPS has recently expanded its capabilities to providing equipment production and network security testing. Systems Products and Solutions is a solutions-based company with expertise spanning across a broad range of defense ground and aviation services. Our commitment to perform with integrity is instilled in every employee as a non-negotiable expectation of behavior. This expectation is guided by our integrity policy and is underscored by an extensive array of operating policies, processes, and communications. Our Mission & Vision Mission Our mission is to identify, develop and deliver rapid solutions to strengthen warfighter readiness. Vision Be the global small business leader strengthening national security.