- Reno, Nevada
- Hourly $9.75
- Job ID
Test Pilot job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
The ideal candidate for the Test Pilot position will be report to the Director of Technology Development and will be professional, highly-productive, and responsive to the needs of the company, its DoD customers, and colleagues. This position will provide ground and flight test support for development of the Tactical Air's F-5E/F Advanced Tiger (AT) (and other aircraft) Technology Roadmap. This development plan includes basic aircraft modifications as well as multiple sensor upgrades/additions. The F-5 AT is a point designed "Red Air" adversary aircraft that supports U.S. government "Blue Air" training needs. The Test Pilot support will include frequent travel to vendors and government customers to coordinate development/acquisition of sub-systems.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Test Pilot School graduate.
- Fighter Weapons School or TOPGUN graduate.
- At least 2,000 hours PIC time in fighter type aircraft.
- F-5/T-38 PIC experience.
- Acquisition experience.
- Program Management experience.
- Aviation currency.
- FAA Class II medical certificate.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required and ability to support detachments as assigned.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana) per DOT/FAA requirements for safety sensitive positions.
The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
ADAIR Pilot CAFCAS Klamath Falls OR
ADAIR Pilot CAFCAS Klamath Falls OR
Quality Assurance Representative RNO Reno NV
Director of Program Management Office PMO Reno NV
Supply Chain Specialist RNO Reno NV
Maintenance Control Supervisor RNO Reno NV
Aircraft Mechanic Egress Reno NV
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.
- Job Feed
- News Feed