Aircraft Mechanic RNO
- Reno, Nevada
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanic RNO job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
AIRCRAFT MECHANICI, II, III
Salary Range: DOE
Tactical Air Support is Nevada Center for Entrepreneurial Technology (NCET)
2019 Aerospace / Aviation Company of the Year
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation and is seeking experienced Aircraft Mechanics to join our Maintenance team.
The Maintenance team supports Tactical Air's fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance. The Maintenance staff are a dedicated team comprised of experienced, A&P-certified, and tactical aircraft mechanics, technicians, and logisticians who all work towards ensuring safe and seamless ground maintenance operations. The Aircraft Mechanic position is an integral part of a dedicated, elite team of professionals who get things done, enjoy working together, and are committed to growing with this fast-moving company.
This position is located in Reno, Nevada. The Reno/Sparks area, also known as the Truckee Meadows, has a population of over 400,000 and is a thriving, growing community nestled along the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Reno and the surrounding area, including a short drive to beautiful Lake Tahoe, offers a variety of arts and entertainment, an eclectic restaurant scene, and unlimited recreational activities. Check out https://workliveplayrenotahoe.com/ for more information about living in Reno.
The ideal candidate for the Aircraft Mechanic position will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, and troubleshooting on all assigned aircraft, components, and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Current work experience in aircraft maintenance occupational field, preferably in the military or with a government aviation maintenance contractor.
- Experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38).
- A&P Certification, or ability to obtain certification.
- Support Equipment Operator License (Tow Tractor, N2 Servicing Trailer, and Mobile Start Unit at a minimum).
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana), and physical certifications.
The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft maintenance and solving problems, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
Tactical Air Support is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
https://tacticalairsupport.isolvedhire.com/jobs/268940-99672.htmlPlease reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.