Tool Room Attendant
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Hourly $18.51 - $25.49
- Job ID
Tool Room Attendant job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
TOOL ROOM/HAZMAT ATTENDANT
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company operating in 14 states across the country, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft, is seeking an experienced Tool Room/HAZMAT Attendant to join our team.
The Maintenance and Production teams support Tactical Air's aircraft operations which include a fleet of high-performance aircraft, and for our customers, with assignments and detachments across the United States. Tactical Air's teams include A&P-certified and tactical aircraft experienced mechanics, technicians, and logisticians, with a combined experience of more than 75 years in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years supporting U.S. military adversary contract maintenance.
The ideal candidate for the Tool Room/HAZMAT Attendant position will be responsible for organizing and sustaining an effective and efficient Tool Control Program in support of aircraft operations. They will issue, track, monitor, and account for all tools and hazardous materials; keep appropriate and accurate records and will order replacement tools or materials as needed to maintain required stock. They must be knowledgeable in federal and state regulations required by the Department of Defense (DoD); Manufacturer Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS); Environmental, Health, and Safety; Quality Assurance; Security; Explosive Safety; and all other applicable governmental and company programs.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Please see job description for complete requirements.
- Three years' experience specializing in a DoD aviation material control environment.
- Tool Room Control and Hazardous Material handling experience.
- Completion of HAZMAT course.
- Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management Information System (NALCOMIS/OOMA) and Aviation Logistics Material Management System background/experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana).
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tool Room HAZMAT AttendantJAX Jacksonville FL
Aircraft Missions Systems Technician JAX Jacksonville FL
Project Scheduler Jacksonville FL
Procurement Specialist Jacksonville FL
Principal Aircraft Mechanical Engineer Jacksonville FL
Lead Aircraft Mechanical Engineer Jacksonville FL
Logistics Support Technician JAX Jacksonville FL
Principal Aircraft Mechanical Engineer JAX Jacksonville FL
Procurement Specialist JAX Jacksonville FL
Inventory & Materials Planner JAX Jacksonville FL
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.
- Job Feed
- News Feed