Aircraft Mechanic Featured
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Hourly $27.43 - $40.81
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanic job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
A&P AIRCRAFT MECHANIC I, II, III
Salary Range: $27.43 to $40.81, DOE
Tactical Air Support is Nevada Center for Entrepreneurial Technology (NCET) 2019 Aerospace / Aviation Company of the Year
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides domestic and international “Center of Excellence” training and advisory services in tactical aviation and is seeking experienced Aircraft Mechanics to join our Production team.
Tactical Air’s motto is “We Serve Those Who Serve” and our company’s purpose is twofold: we help make the world more secure through our efforts to improve the military capabilities and security of the U.S. and our partner nations, and we create an environment where our employees can discover, develop, and share their talents in ways that provide a meaningful career path.
The Maintenance team supports Tactical Air’s fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance. The Maintenance staff are a dedicated team comprised of experienced, A&P-certified, and tactical aircraft mechanics, technicians, and logisticians who all work towards ensuring safe and seamless ground maintenance operations.
This position is located in Jacksonville, Florida, the largest city in Florida with a population close to one million people. Jacksonville boasts the largest Naval port in the United States and offers communities rich in history, arts and culture, entertainment, recreation, and cuisine. There is truly something for everyone. Check out https://www.lifestorage.com/blog/moving/moving-tojacksonville-fl/ for more information about living in Jacksonville.
The ideal candidate for the Aircraft Mechanic position will be professional, highly-productive, disciplined, team-oriented, technically astute, and responsive to the needs of the company, colleagues, and customers. This position will report to the Director of Production and will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, and troubleshooting on all assigned aircraft, components, and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Current work experience in aircraft maintenance occupational field, preferably in the military or with a government aviation maintenance contractor.
- Experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38).
- A&P Certification.
- Support Equipment Operator License (Tow Tractor, N2 Servicing Trailer, and Mobile Start Unit at a minimum).
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties mandatory.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana), and physical certifications.
The successful candidate for this position must be willing relocate to Jacksonville, Florida.
Tactical Air Support does not provide relocation expenses. Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to) 401K retirement savings plan with employer match, full health/dental/vision care, and life insurance. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, selfmotivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cuttingedge aircraft maintenance and solving problems, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
If any applicant requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. TACTICAL AIRS VISION FOR THE FUTURE IS TO BE THE WORLDS PREMIER Ãƒ CENTER OF EXCELLENCEÂ FOR COMMERCIAL TACTICAL AVIATION TRAINING AND SUPPORT SERVICES. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world classÂ aviation expertise powered by a cadre of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution, Its not what we do, its how we do it.Â