Tool RoomHAZMAT Attendant JAX Featured
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Hourly $18.00 - $26.00
- Job ID
Tool RoomHAZMAT Attendant JAX job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
TOOL ROOM/HAZMAT ATTENDANT
Tactical Air Support, Inc. (Tactical Air) provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation and is seeking a Tool Room/HAZMAT Attendant to join our team.
The Maintenance and Production teams support operations which include a fleet of high-performance aircraft, and our customers with assignments and detachments across the United States. Tactical Air's teams possess a combined experience of more than 75 years in tactical aviation maintenance and 30 years supporting U.S. military adversary contracts.
The ideal candidate for the Tool Room/HAZMAT Attendant position will be responsible for organizing and sustaining a Tool Control Program and will perform duties to include maintenance and inventory of supplies; issue, track, and monitor tools and hazardous materials; keep accurate records; and order replacement tools or materials. The Tool Room/HAZMAT Attendant must be knowledgeable in federal and state regulations; MSDS; Environmental, Health, and Safety; Quality Assurance; Security; Explosive Safety; and all other applicable governmental and company programs.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Please see job description for specifics.
- Three years' experience specializing in aviation material control.
- Tool Room Control and Hazardous Material handling.
- Completion of HAZMAT course.
- NALCOMIS/OOMA and Aviation Logistics Material Management System experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana).
Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package and pay. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in participating in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
If any applicant requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. TACTICAL AIRS VISION FOR THE FUTURE IS TO BE THE WORLDS PREMIER Ãƒ CENTER OF EXCELLENCEÂ FOR COMMERCIAL TACTICAL AVIATION TRAINING AND SUPPORT SERVICES. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world classÂ aviation expertise powered by a cadre of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution, Its not what we do, its how we do it.Â