Quality Assurance Manager
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary $90,000.00 - $120,000.00
- Job ID
Quality Assurance Manager job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company operating in 14 states across the country, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft, is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our team.
The maintenance and production teams support Tactical Air's fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance, modification, repair, and operations. MRO Services staff are a dedicated team comprised of experienced, A&P-certified, and tactical aircraft mechanics, technicians, and logisticians who all work towards ensuring safe and seamless operations.
The ideal candidate for the Quality Assurance Manager position will play a crucial role in Tactical Air's operations by ensuring that all quality policies and procedures meet established standards and thresholds of acceptability. This position will plan, direct, coordinate, and manage quality assurance programs, formulate quality control policies, and manage training programs and process improvement initiatives to achieve quality objective and other requirements.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please see job description for minimum requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation Maintenance, Quality Assurance, or Manufacturing Management, is preferred.
- Significant background in commercial support of former military aircraft under Department of Defense (DoD) contracts.
- Five years' experience in aviation maintenance quality assurance.
- Experience or familiarity with J-85 engines and F-5 airframes.
- Experience or familiarity with ISO9000/AS9100 preferred.
- FAA A&P license.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
- Pre-employment drug/alcohol testing (including for marijuana) may be required.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.