Lead Aircraft Mechanical Engineer Jax Featured
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary $125,000.00 - $135,000.00
- Job ID
Lead Aircraft Mechanical Engineer Jax job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
LEAD AIRCRAFT MECHANICAL ENGINEER
COPS / MRO Services
Starting Salary: DOE
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation and is seeking an experienced Lead Aircraft Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
The MRO Services mission is to engineer and execute modifications to company and U.S. military aircraft. Members of MRO Services are part of innovative and ground-breaking teams that are blazing new paths for its customers in the Adversary Aircraft Fighter mission.
This position is located in Jacksonville, Florida, the largest city in Florida with a population close to one million people. Jacksonville boasts the largest Naval port in the United States and offers communities rich in history, arts and culture, entertainment, recreation, and cuisine. There is truly something for everyone. Check out https://www.lifestorage.com/blog/moving/moving-to-jacksonville-fl/ for more information about living in Jacksonville.
The ideal candidate for the Lead Aircraft Mechanical Engineer position will be responsible for Tactical Air's ongoing viability and performance by ensuring production and availability of CAS aircraft. The Lead Aircraft Mechanical Engineer will execute engineering design, development, test, and analysis of aircraft and structures to include Tactical Air's F-5E/F Advanced Tiger (F-5ATTM) and CF-5D series aircraft. This position will communicate and collaborate with aircraft maintenance, pilots, engineering team members, and program managers in support of the rapid modification, verification, and fielding of new, advanced technology.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please refer to the position profile for complete job description and requirements.
- Ten years' experience in aerospace, defense, or federal contractor industry with background of updating and modifying aircraft and aircraft systems.
- Experience working with and designing mechanical drawings, structural analysis, and general arrangements utilizing software-aided design tools.
- Experience with instrumentation and data collection systems; transparencies and sensor windows; and aerodynamic fairings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sound engineering principles, testing, analysis, and reporting.
- Ability to troubleshoot aircraft structures, panels, and mounts, and reverse engineer structural and mechanical components.
- Knowledgeable of commercial and military aircraft standard materials and coatings; structures and strength standards; fasteners, adhesives, and bonding; connectors, wire gauges, and bend radius; and antennas, radomes, and mounting.
- Ability to troubleshoot structures, mounts, vibration, thermal behaviors, and cooling provisions.
- Ability to support airworthiness approval process, including MIL-HDBK-516 and FAA Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to conform to U.S. DoD Communications Security (COMSEC) and Transmission Security (TRANSEC) methods and procedures.
- Ability to handle classified materials utilizing government-approved network and email systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Current U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana)
Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to) 401K retirement savings plan with employer match, full health/dental/vision care, and life insurance. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
If any applicant requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.