Lead Aircraft Mechanical Engineer Jax Urgent
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary $125,000.00 - $135,000.00
- Job ID
Lead Aircraft Mechanical Engineer Jax job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
LEAD AIRCRAFT MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Nevada, provides domestic and international training and advisory services in tactical aviation and is seeking an experienced Lead Aircraft Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
The ideal candidate for the position will be responsible for Tactical Air's ongoing viability and performance by ensuring production and availability of CAS aircraft. The Lead Aircraft Mechanical Engineer will execute engineering design, development, test, and analysis of aircraft and structures to include Tactical Air's F-5E/F Advanced Tiger (F-5ATTM) and CF-5D series aircraft. This position will communicate and collaborate with aircraft maintenance, pilots, engineering team members, and program managers in support of the rapid modification, verification, and fielding of new, advanced technology.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please refer to the position profile for complete job description and requirements.
- Ten years' experience in aerospace, defense, or federal contractor industry with background of updating and modifying aircraft and aircraft systems.
- Experience working with and designing mechanical drawings, structural analysis, and general arrangements utilizing software-aided design tools.
- Experience with instrumentation and data collection systems; transparencies and sensor windows; and aerodynamic fairings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sound engineering principles, testing, analysis, and reporting.
- Ability to troubleshoot aircraft structures, panels, and mounts, and reverse engineer structural and mechanical components.
- Knowledgeable of commercial and military aircraft standard materials and coatings; structures and strength standards; fasteners, adhesives, and bonding; connectors, wire gauges, and bend radius; and antennas, radomes, and mounting.
- Ability to troubleshoot structures, mounts, vibration, thermal behaviors, and cooling provisions.
- Ability to support airworthiness approval process, including MIL-HDBK-516 and FAA Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Ability to conform to U.S. DoD Communications Security and Transmission Security methods and procedures.
- Ability to handle classified materials utilizing government-approved network and email systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Current U.S. government security clearance preferred.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana)
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.