Information System Security Officer Featured
- Reno, Nevada
- Annual Salary $85,000.00 - $95,000.00
- Job ID
Information System Security Officer job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
Tactical Air Support Inc.
Information System Security Officer
Salary $85,000 - $95,000 DOE
Tactical Air is currently seeking an Information System Security Officer responsible forassisting in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company's information security program. The ISSO is a key role in the effective management and protection of Tactical Air's information systems, data, and networks. The successful performance of this position will require candidate to meet and support the business goals and mission of the company.
- Support the systems administration of company's mission planning systems.
- Install and upgrade servers, workstations, SAN/NAS storage, operating systems, and software.
- Monitor system health and performance, troubleshoot issues, and resolve trouble tickets.
- Perform system backups, disaster recovery, and data restores.
- Maintain security tools, patches, and anti-malware solutions.
- Administer user access controls, ensuring that access privileges align with roles and responsibilities.
- Support the delivery of security awareness training helping employees understand the importance of information security, potential threats, and their responsibilities in safeguarding information.
- Support company's CMMC 2.0 program Level 2 certification effort to ensure compliance with applicable security standards, such NIST SP 800-53/171.
- Assist in the identification, investigation, and resolution of security incidents, taking appropriate actions to mitigate risks and prevent future occurrences.
- Maintain accurate records of security-related activities, prepare reports, and assist in the generation of metrics to measure the effectiveness of security measures.
- Stay abreast of evolving security threats & vulnerabilities & provide recommendations for maintaining compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated progressive experience with security monitoring, assessment, and auditing methodologies.
- High school diploma (GED) with 3+ years of experience in systems administration or systems security role.
- CompTIA Security+, CISSP or CASP+ certification.
- Background and experience in security audits and assessments, risk management, incident response, security documentation, security monitoring and reporting, security compliance.
- Ability to assist on information security risk and control matters throughout the organization and promote advantages of monitoring those risks efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to properly handle classified or protected information and materials, manage files, and maintain records in compliance with standard or required recordkeeping practices.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedule on assigned projects.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. is required.
- Valid state driver's license.
- U.S. Citizenship with Active and Current DoD Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or Advanced degree.
- Strong understanding of network and system architecture including cloud-based environments.
- Strong Windows-based computer skills with ability to utilize various software and applications (Microsoft Office 365/GCC High/MS Teams preferred) for creating documents, reports, forms, spreadsheets, presentations, and publications as required; web-based applications for organizing work, communications, or data entry; virtual office/cloud-based file sharing environment.
Work Authorization and Environment
- Must be lawfully eligible to work in the United States and complete a U.S. government I-9 Form.
- Tactical Air Support is a Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace. Pre-employment, random, or for cause drug/alcohol testing (including for marijuana) required.
- Occasional evening, weekend, holiday, and overtime work may be required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.